Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that taxes were not being calculated in their WooCommerce store after installing WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual. Despite setting the tax-rate calculation to be on "shop base address" for a 25% VAT on all products and shipping prices, the taxes were not being added at checkout or in the cart. The client also noted that WooCommerce Multilingual was incorrectly showing as not installed on the WPML support page.

Solution:
We reviewed the client's website and discovered that the tax status for the products was not set to "Taxable." We adjusted the tax status for a product, and after this change, taxes were correctly calculated at checkout. We recommended the client to check the tax status for each product to ensure it is set to "Taxable" to resolve the issue.

If you're experiencing a similar issue with taxes not being calculated in your WooCommerce store after installing WPML, we recommend checking the tax status of your products and ensuring they are set to "Taxable."

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
May 9, 2024 at 5:16 pm #15611728

ingarB

WooCommerce taxes not working after installing WPML

May 9, 2024 at 5:32 pm #15611786

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the ticket and I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

May 9, 2024 at 5:40 pm #15611797

ingarB

Hi! I added support information to log in - hope that helps.

Also uploaded a screenshot where WooCommerce usually displays taxes.

I can tweak the settings to make the VAT Field show sometimes, but even then it always just says "0", and I can't have those settings in the store. I need to always display all prices inc VAT throughout the store and then in the cart and checkout display the taxes.

please note that i did this exact setup 4 weeks ago for the previous client. No issues.

Anyway hope you have some idea why taxes are not being calculated.

no-taxes-displayed-or-calculated.png
May 9, 2024 at 5:45 pm #15611815

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for getting back to me.

I'm currently reviewing your website, but I'm unsure how to replicate the issue you've described. I've tried deactivating the WPML plugin but I still don't see any taxes on the checkout page here hidden link when checking out a single product.

Could you kindly create a brief screen recording using the free tool available at hidden link ? This would greatly assist me in understanding the steps you took to reproduce the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

May 9, 2024 at 5:59 pm #15611941

ingarB

Hi! Thank you.

I mean, that is my problem. Taxes are no longer calculated at all even though they are in the system? I guess i can uninstall WPML completely, it's just that i used a lot of credits auto-translating all the products in the store - those auto-translations seems to have disappeared as well (side issue).

The taxes are usually calculated and I'm fairly certain this basic Woo functionality worked earlier?

I'm not sure what I should screen record? Taxes should be "Itemized" (as the Woo Setting says) during checkout and in the cart.

I have also added both the classic Woo Cart and the New Block Woo Cart to the cart page, to make sure there was no issue there - but still taxes are not calculated..

This is so basic, so I'm a bit flustered why it's not working like the other 10 sites I already built the same way (with the same settings). Note that I am pretty new to WPML, so I might have made a mistake in the settings somewhere?

Also, the WPML Support page says that Woo Multilingual is not installed, which is incorrect. But that is just a display issue?

I uploaded a screenshot on the previous comment where Woo would normally display taxes (marked in red).

May 9, 2024 at 7:24 pm #15612212

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your message.

I've examined the product you mentioned at hidden link , and I've made adjustments by enabling the tax status. In the attached screenshot, you can see that I've set it to "Taxable." Consequently, upon checkout, the tax is now being calculated, as shown in the accompanying screenshot.

Is this the desired outcome you were aiming for? If so, it appears that the issue has been resolved. Please let me know if there are any additional adjustments needed or if further assistance is required.

Screenshot_43.png
tax.png
May 9, 2024 at 8:19 pm #15612293

ingarB

Hi Kor.

Well, I guess all I can say is thank you.

I have imported and exported products and set up Woo for many years now, but never ever even thought to look at that product setting.

Apparently when I used Cart2Cart and migrated products from Shopify to WooCommerce, they set the "taxable status: None" on all products for some reason.. Strange.

Anyway, the error is completely on my side - but thank you again so much for fixing it.

Amazing and super fast help. Really really appreciated.

ingarB confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-09 20:19:26.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.