Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
February 29, 2024 at 10:33 am #15357304

itzikE

Hi, dear Support team!
Our Translation vendor has already raised the support ticket regarding this issue, but probably your team need access to our system to investigate the problem and hopefully solve it. Please, see the ticket from the Translation vendor here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/to-exclude-custom-fields-from-the-translatable-content/
We want to translate the page via WPML, but to exclude some custom fields from there. We tried to make them untranslatable in the ACF settings as well as WPML settings for custom fields. We checked the box Show 'Multilingual Content Setup' meta box and chose the option not to translate certain field. We also tried to exclude specific fields by setting their translation preference to "Copy" on the individual field settings page. Nothing worked. The translation vendor still received those irrelevant fields for the translation. The debug information didn’t show any errors as well.
Please, let us know what else can be done here. Thank you!

February 29, 2024 at 11:37 am #15357589

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,
Thank you for contacting us

The original ticket (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/to-exclude-custom-fields-from-the-translatable-content/) is already being taken care and to avoid having duplicates in the forum I kindly ask you to close this ticket.

Have an excellent day!
Regards,
Carlos

March 1, 2024 at 1:51 pm #15363234

itzikE

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the reply!

Can you please elaborate - I cannot access the ticket, is this the ticket Opened by BLEND?

It was opened by us, because BLEND asked us direcrly to open ticket with you.

Can you update us on the original ticket status?

Thank you,

March 4, 2024 at 10:22 am #15368764

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Yes, the ticket was opened by BLEND and one of my colleagues requested access credentials to take a deeper look at the issue. He (my colleague) is still waiting for their answer.

March 5, 2024 at 7:35 am #15372781

itzikE

Blend is unable to provide the information requested by the support agent in this ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/to-exclude-custom-fields-from-the-translatable-content/. He requested request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) and due to the privacy policy, we can't share this information with Blend. That's why we prefer to continue solving this issue directly with you in this ticket using or own WPML environment.

March 5, 2024 at 8:29 am #15373038

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

1.- Please describe the steps to reproduce the issue

2.- I have set your next answer private so you can securely share the access credentials.

March 6, 2024 at 3:32 pm #15380485

itzikE

Hello team,

Sharing access will be long and hard process due to security polices we do have internally.

Is it possible to schedule a short call with our dev team:

- i.pavlevchev@avatrade.com
- k.berkovich@avatrade.com
- r.yagel@avatrade.com

In suitable time next week or tomorrow and go over the issue with shared screens?

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

March 7, 2024 at 8:46 am #15382730

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we don't provide calls in our support service. If providing access to the site is somehow complicated, then as an alternative you could create a staging site where we can reproduce the issue and run some tests without affecting the live site.

March 7, 2024 at 10:33 am #15383442

itzikE

I understand - we added 2 scripts to the wp-config but the issue still remains.

ACFML_EXCLUDE_FIELD_GROUP_STRINGS_IN_POST_JOBS
ACFML_HIDE_FIELD_ANNOTATIONS

Can you provide us additional directors how to solve the issue?

March 7, 2024 at 11:41 am #15383937

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm sorry but without been able to reproduce the issue I can't provide any directions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.