Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
September 20, 2022 at 11:10 am #12086247

guyW-3

Hello,
We have a website in a production and development environment.
hidden link
hidden link

You helped us in translating the stage version, and now we have a zip with .xliff files that are only fit for the stage version.
I can't upload those files to the production version because there are no matching jobs for the translations.

See screenshot attached for what the job looks like in both versions.

I don't know how to create those jobs for the production version and would like your help.

stage_jobs.png
jobs_production.png
error_production.png
September 20, 2022 at 5:07 pm #12089349

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please try this
1. send jobs for translations in your production site
2. download the xliff
3. open the xliff files one by one
4. near the begging of the files you'll see a tag with a content like this one

original="116-1222155817dc90f4c385e8514c85ed7a"

, copy the part inside "
5. open the matching translated .xliff, so for example if you have the original language Homepage xliff, open the translated Homepage xliff
6. paste the code in the translated xliff

Basically, that code is acting as an ID, so for a translated xliff to match the original they need to have the same original code. If you edit the original, or as in your case you change site, those code can't be the same because each time you download a xliff the code is different

September 25, 2022 at 4:58 am #12118161

guyW-3

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the detailed answer. Unfortunately, this solution will take a very long time as the website is a catalog website with hundreds of product pages. Is there a way to move the jobs table from one website to another? Or a way to export the jobs list and import it to the live website?

Thank you in advance.

September 27, 2022 at 6:17 am #12128661

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I am afraid such thing is not possible out of the box with WPML or without additional custom coding, the best way would be as my colleague suggested, or creating new jobs from the new website.

Exporting XLIFF, translate them using the same CAT tool you did before, there you should have translation memory so you can easily apply translation from before. Save and upload the correct translated XLIFF.

Another way might be creating translations on your staging site and then exporting/importing pages to the production page via 3rd party compatible plugins.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

September 28, 2022 at 5:49 am #12137321

guyW-3

Thank you very much for your support. We will see what method is the best per your advise.

September 28, 2022 at 8:04 am #12137851

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, we'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.