Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
May 22, 2023 at 10:59 am #13688701

Pieter

I would like to know how I can re-generate the `icl_sitepress_settings` in the wp_options table? It currently contains a lot of settings of plugins, post types, taxonomies, etc. that are no longer in use and have since been removed from WP backend as well as database.

May 22, 2023 at 2:30 pm #13691523

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I found that our team are already working on similar tasks to optimize icl_sitepress_settings option in wp_options table and we will release such feature or fix in the future.

However to check again and verify, I have escalated the issue to our team now.

I will send you an update here as soon as we have an update.

Regards,
Subash

May 22, 2023 at 2:36 pm #13691635

Pieter

Hi Subash,

Happy to hear that someone has realised that it needs to be possible to update the data!

I suppose you cannot give me an idea as to when this fix will be released?

May 23, 2023 at 8:06 am #13695609

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I have now escalated the your request as a feature request to our team.

Regarding the fix for optimization of "icl_sitepress_settings" we dont have an ETA yet but it should be released in a future version of WPML.

In the mean time, as a workaround you can try the following and see if it helps:

- Backup the site completely first to prevent any issues.

- Go to WPML -> Settings and take a note or screenshot of setting for all post types, custom fields , taxonomies etc.

- Delete the "icl_sitepress_settings" row from wp_options in the database.

- Go to WPML -> Settings and save the settings for the required fields as per your previous record/note or screenshot.

Regards,
Subash

May 23, 2023 at 9:07 am #13696179

Pieter

It's a workaround, but will only work on small sites, not on sites that have more than a few custom field settings.
Good to know that the dev team is working on a solution that "refreshes" the icl_sitepress_settings from wp_options in the database.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.