Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to translate the 'CONTACT US' title into Spanish and the icons were not appearing in the Spanish version of the site using the Responsive Menu plugin.
Solution:
We resolved the issue by ensuring that the Spanish version of the Responsive Menu was correctly configured. Here are the steps we took:
1. We saved the English menu as a template and then loaded this template in the Spanish Responsive Menu.
2. We manually changed the texts to Spanish.
3. We navigated to "Appearance > Elementor Header and Footer Builder" and selected the Spanish Responsive Menu.
4. We adjusted the settings and styles to ensure consistency with the default menu.
We recommend checking the Spanish version of the Responsive Menu and adjusting it if necessary to ensure it displays correctly.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, please visit our known issues page, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket here.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 15, 2024 at 3:45 pm #15631552

alaidA

Hi,

I used the Responsive Menu plugin to create a menu, it works correctly in both languages, but I can't find where to translate the CONTACT US title into Spanish, and in the Spanish version the icons do not appear.

Thanks.

rm-eng.jpg
rm-esp.jpg
May 16, 2024 at 6:09 am #15632973

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand what you're looking for. Could you please review the documentation below and ensure that the menu template you've created has been translated correctly?

- hidden link

When translating the template, the "Contact Us" text should appear in the Editor for translation. If you want, you can open the translated menu template in the editor and manually adjust the text as per your needs.

Please let me know if the information above helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 16, 2024 at 12:38 pm #15635103

alaidA

Hi,

The menu is translated correctly, that upper part does not belong to the menu template, it is the Responsive Menu plugin that allows you to create that header and add the icons to the menu links.

I can give you access to a testing site to review.
Thanks.

May 17, 2024 at 7:23 am #15637708

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Thank you for the update.

It'd be better if you could share access to your testing site so that I can inspect further. You will find the needed fields to share the access information below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter will be private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

IMPORTANT
-Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 20, 2024 at 5:35 am #15643657

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

Thanks for sharing the access information. I have checked and was able to fix the issue you had with the responsive menu. Please check this screenshot: hidden link

In the translated header, the English version of the responsive menu was selected, which caused the English menu to appear on the Spanish version of the site. Here’s what I did to resolve the menu issues:

- Several settings and styles in the Spanish version of the responsive menu were not configured correctly. I saved the English menu as a template and then loaded that template in the Spanish responsive menu. From there, I manually changed the texts.

- I opened the Spanish header by navigating to "Appearance > Elementor Header and Footer Builder."

- I selected the "Responsive Menu" widget and then chose the Spanish responsive menu.

After these steps, everything started working properly on the Spanish version. If you notice that anything in the Spanish responsive menu is not displaying the same as the default menu, please open the Spanish menu and adjust it accordingly.

I hope it helps. If there is anything else you need help with, feel free to let me know. I'll be happy to assist.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 21, 2024 at 11:09 pm #15652821

alaidA

Hi,

I had already done that, but in Spanish it is not displayed.

Can you enter the site in Production to check what I'm doing wrong? I will need to enter the access data.

The most important thing and it is the title of this support request is that you do not see the icons assigned to the menu links. From the beginning of this message I described the requirement.

Thanks.

May 22, 2024 at 7:37 am #15654423

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Thank you for the update.

Have you opened the Spanish header template and selected the Spanish responsive menu from there? This step is required; otherwise, the Spanish responsive menu will not appear correctly in the Spanish version.

Additionally, you need to customize the Spanish version of the responsive menu template to ensure it appears just like the English menu.

If you want, I can also make the same adjustments on your production site if you can share the access to the site. I enabled the private fields for you so that you can securely share the access.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 23, 2024 at 9:17 pm #15665274

alaidA

Hi,

Why has it taken so long?

May 24, 2024 at 6:20 am #15665668

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thank you for sharing the access information. I have checked and fixed the issue in the Production site. Please review the Spanish version; the menu should now work fine.

If any adjustments are needed in the Spanish menu, please open the Spanish version of the menu and make the necessary changes as per your requirements.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else if you need help with. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

alaidA confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-24 12:40:49.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.