Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Translate a listing section created by WP Bakery widget "Mikado Destinations Grid" in ATE
Solution:
Use the custom XML configuration code to register the shortcode "mkdf_destination_grid" and translate the post ID in ATE

<wpml-config>
  <shortcodes>
    <shortcode>
        <tag>mkdf_destination_grid</tag>
        <attributes>
            <attribute>selected_destinations</attribute>
        </attributes>
    </shortcode>
  </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content
https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andreaB-8 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 2, 2023 at 10:56 pm #13385755

andreaB-8

After translate my site I've seen some issues about things not translated in right way. I need you help for this... here I list the issues:

Home Page IT
hidden link

Home Page EN
hidden link

In English section "Ricettività e Ospitalità" I don't see any items but in IT version I've 3

Why?

... and is strange that I don't have translated this title

Same issue in another area of the page

In English section "Natura & Territorio" I've 1 item but in IT version I've 3 items ... and is strange that I don't have translated this title...

Can you kindly help me?

April 3, 2023 at 10:18 pm #13394685

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I understand that some sections on the homepage aren't displaying the data as expected.

I have checked the "Ricettività e Ospitalità" section and in the HTML content of the page, it says "No destinations matched your criteria.". However, I checked the destinations and they're translated. So, we can't tell what's going on without taking a deeper look.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private, meaning only you and I can see and access it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

- Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields, your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

no-destinations.png
April 4, 2023 at 6:04 am #13396289

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

After reviewing the homepage in the admin area, I see the section "Ricettività e Ospitalità" is created by the WP Bakery widget "Mikado Destinations Grid" of the theme Roam. Then I follow the documentation below to register the shortcode "mkdf_destination_grid" to translate the attribute "selected_destinations" which is the post IDs.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

The code I add to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration is:

<wpml-config>
  <shortcodes>
    <shortcode>
        <tag>mkdf_destination_grid</tag>
        <attributes>
            <attribute>selected_destinations</attribute>
        </attributes>
    </shortcode>
  </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

And translate the post IDs in Advanced Translation Editor by searching for the ID number, please check this screenshot hidden link
and follow the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/

Now you can see the section "Ricettività e Ospitalità" in the English language display the translation post correctly.

Then you can translate the post IDs of other sections that use the same widget "Mikado Destinations Grid" on your site.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 4, 2023 at 9:12 am #13398045

andreaB-8

thanks for your reply

"Now you can see the section "Ricettività e Ospitalità" in the English language display the translation post correctly."
How/here translate in English?

"Then you can translate the post IDs of other sections that use the same widget "Mikado Destinations Grid" on your site."

Sorry but I don't follow you...

And... what to do for all others objects like this??? 🙁

Thanks!!

April 4, 2023 at 10:15 am #13398683

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

When editing a page/post, you can see the ID in the URL. And you can switch to English language to get the post ID also. Please check this screenshot hidden link

Then add the post IDs in the English language to the content in ATE as I mentioned above, please check this screenshot hidden link

Thanks

April 4, 2023 at 9:51 pm #13404435

andreaB-8

Sorry friend I don't understand you... why some area have at least one item??

This is OK
hidden link

Here
hidden link

missed

Where you see "Borno" box there are other to see

Where you see "Scrigno di natura & sport" not all items showed!!

Where you see "Natura & Territorio" not all items are showed!!

Please help me to fix!!

Thanks

April 5, 2023 at 3:31 am #13405435

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

For the masonry (Borno) section and other sections, the workflow to translate the post is:

1. Go to the admin area

2. Edit the post in the English language

3. Get the translation post ID, please check this screenshot hidden link

4. Edit the homepage in the Italian language

5. Edit the section that you want to translate

6. Click on "Query options" tab to see the list of post IDs in the Italian language, please check this screenshot hidden link

7. Edit the translation in the Advanced Translation Editor

8. Find the list of post IDs with search bar

9. Translate it with the translation post ID in step 3, please check this screenshot hidden link

I also create a screen record of what I've done on your site, please get it here
hidden link

Then you can do the same steps with other sections on the homepage.

Thanks

April 5, 2023 at 4:42 pm #13412503

andreaB-8

Thanks for your detailed reply!!
Where can I find Advanced Translation Editor??

April 6, 2023 at 1:32 am #13414939

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

You can click on the translation icon when editing the page in the original language (Italian) to edit the translation in Advanced Translation Editor, please check this screenshot hidden link
and read more in the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Thanks

April 9, 2023 at 8:51 pm #13434749

andreaB-8

Friend sorry but I don't follow you

hidden link
"Scrigno di natura & sport" area
I've 4 boxes

In English
hidden link
"Scrigno di natura & sport" area
I've 2 boxes

How to fix??

Before this area I've another list of items (image + text), 6 blocks
OSSIMO
MALEGNO
BORNO
LOZIO
PIACOGNO
ANGOLO

In English I see only 3
OSSIMO
MALEGNO
BORNO

Please help me!!

April 10, 2023 at 2:15 am #13435173

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Follow my suggestion above: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sections-not-translated/#post-13405435

in the translation editor, you can see there are 6 post IDs corresponding to 6 blocks in the Borno section. So that means you will need to add 6 post IDs of the translation posts to the translation editor to display 6 blocks in the English language.
I've just added 2 post IDs in step 9 for example, you can follow step by step to add other post IDs to the translation editor.

And do the same steps with the section "Scrigno di natura & sport", please check this screenshot hidden link

Thanks

April 10, 2023 at 10:55 pm #13440605

andreaB-8

Friend I tried but doesn't works... for example now I see only BORNO... before I had
OSSIMO
MALEGNO
BORNO

can you do for me??

I mean for both blocks

list of
OSSIMO
MALEGNO
BORNO
LOZIO
PIACOGNO
ANGOLO

And area named

Scrigno di natura & sport

Thanks!

April 11, 2023 at 1:38 am #13441011

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've translated those sections on your site to English language and created another screen record of what I have done on your site
hidden link

Let me know if you can follow steps and translate the section items on your own.

April 12, 2023 at 10:51 am #13454559

andreaB-8

Really really really thanks friend!!!

Even "Natura and Territorio" block has same issue... I see 3 in IT and 1 in ENG

Thanks

April 13, 2023 at 2:37 am #13460727

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've translated the section "Natura and Territorio" on your site. For further information, please follow my suggested steps above
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sections-not-translated/#post-13405435

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.