Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to translate references on their website using WPML with the Premium Addons for Elementor. The references are displayed in Danish instead of English.
Solution:
We modified the XML configuration for the Elementor widget used by the client. Here is the updated XML configuration:

<wpml-config><br />  <elementor-widgets><br />    <widget name="premium-addon-testimonials"><br />      <fields><br />        <field>premium_testimonial_person_name</field><br />        <field>premium_testimonial_company_name</field><br />        <field editor_type="VISUAL">premium_testimonial_content</field><br />        <field>heading</field><br />      </fields><br />      <fields-in-item items_of="multiple_testimonials"><br />        <field>person_name</field><br />        <field>company_name</field><br />        <field>heading</field><br />        <field editor_type="VISUAL">content</field><br />      </fields-in-item><br />    </widget><br />  <elementor-widgets><br /></wpml-config><br />We asked the client to check if the translated page now displays correctly.<br /><br />If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, we highly recommend checking related known issues at <a href="https://wpml.org/known-issues/">https://wpml.org/known-issues/</a>, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at <a href="https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/">WPML Support Forum</a>.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 8, 2024 at 7:43 am #15718074

kimR-3

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the whole site, but the references aren't being translated. It's something to do with Premium Addons, which is an extension to Elementor. I'm using that widget for some of the content on that page. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
References are displayed in Danish instead of English.

Questions:
Why aren't the references being translated?
Is there a compatibility issue between WPML and Premium Addons for Elementor? - also see attached screenshot

June 8, 2024 at 10:48 am #15718230

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

If the used widget is not registered for translation, please register it and try to translate the page.

Kindly check the following guides:

1) https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

2) https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/registering-custom-elementor-widgets-for-translation/

Best regards,
Osama

June 10, 2024 at 9:10 am #15720902

kimR-3

Hi Osama, I have followed your guide. I can see the fields in the translation editor, and they are being translated, but I cannot see it on the page. Here is the code I have written in the Custom XML Configuration.

<wpml-config>
<elementor-widgets>
<widget name="premium-addon-testimonials">
<conditions>
<condition key="widgetType">premium-addon-testimonials</condition>
</conditions>
<fields-in-item items_of="multiple_testimonials">
<field type="Job" editor_type="LINE">company_name</field>
<field type="Content" editor_type="AREA">content</field>
</fields-in-item>
</widget>
</elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

The site: hidden link

June 10, 2024 at 9:14 am #15720949

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please add the following code to WPML-> Settings-> Custom XML tab and save the page.

<wpml-config>
<elementor-widgets>
<field>company_name</field>
<field>content</field>
</fields-in-item>
</widget>
</elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

After that, please edit the page in the default language, make a minor edit, and update it along with its translation.

Best regards,
Osama

June 10, 2024 at 9:45 am #15721137

kimR-3

Hi Osama, Thank you for your prompt response, unfortunately, it still isn't working.

June 10, 2024 at 9:46 am #15721141

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

June 10, 2024 at 10:50 am #15721442

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I tried some workarounds without luck.

Please log in to this sandbox site and install the "Premium Addons" plugin. (hidden link)

After that, please create a test page using the same widget and translate it to replicate the issue.

If the issue is replicable, please let me know to consult our compatibility team.

Best regards,
Osama

June 10, 2024 at 11:43 am #15721839

kimR-3

Hi,

I have done as you wrote, it still doesn't seem to work

June 10, 2024 at 12:18 pm #15721943

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for replicating the issue. I changed the XML a bit.

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
      <fields>
        <field>premium_testimonial_person_name</field>
        <field>premium_testimonial_company_name</field>
        <field editor_type="VISUAL">premium_testimonial_content</field>
        <field>heading</field>
      </fields>
        <field>person_name</field>
        <field>company_name</field>
        <field>heading</field>
        <field editor_type="VISUAL">content</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

Would you please check if the translated page works correctly? (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

June 10, 2024 at 12:49 pm #15722084

kimR-3

It seems to be working now when I insert the text into the Content box 'premium_testimonial_content,' but many more boxes have appeared in 'Translations,' including 2 with 'content.' The code doesn't work if I copy it over to the live sit

June 10, 2024 at 1:12 pm #15722151

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

The other fields are for multiple testimonials.

I copied the code to your site, and it works correctly. Kindly check the translated page. (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

June 11, 2024 at 7:54 am #15725074

kimR-3

Hi Osama,

It works on the test site! perfect!

But on the most important page, it doesn’t work. It’s as if the first field in the Advanced Translation Editor is duplicated endlessly… This site - hidden link

June 11, 2024 at 8:04 am #15725134

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please edit the page in the default language, click the Gear icon, complete the translation, and save it.

After that, please check if the translated page will work correctly.

Best regards,
Osama

2024-06-11_11-02-56.jpg
June 11, 2024 at 10:00 am #15725669

kimR-3

Thank you for the guidance, I appreciate it, have a nice day

kimR-3 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-11 10:00:23.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.