Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where adding a Currency Switcher to the footer causes the Language Switcher to disappear from the top menu, despite being assigned in the backend.
Solution:
We first asked the client if they were adding the Currency Switcher from the backend or using a shortcode, and whether the Language Switcher reappeared when the Currency Switcher was removed. We confirmed that there should be no incompatibility between the two switchers and no known issues reported. We requested temporary access to the site to further investigate the issue, suggesting the use of the Duplicator plugin for creating a backup before providing access.

If this solution seems outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 10, 2024 at 9:06 pm #15724087

yeray-davidL-2

Background of the issue:
I am trying to add a Currency Switcher to the footer of my site hidden link. I have followed the instructions provided in your articles.

Symptoms:
When I add a Currency Switcher to the footer, the Language Switcher disappears from the top menu, even though it is assigned in the back end.

Questions:
Why does the Language Switcher disappear from the top menu when I add a Currency Switcher to the footer?
How can I have both the Currency Switcher in the footer and the Language Switcher in the top menu simultaneously?

June 10, 2024 at 10:13 pm #15724185

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

When you add the footer currency switcher are you doing this from within the backend or by using a shortcode?

Also, when you remove the currency switcher, without changing anything else does the menu language switcher now display again?

June 11, 2024 at 10:09 am #15725740

yeray-davidL-2

I am doing it from your back end. And yes, I thought it was a bug before and I rebuilt the language switcher and then did the same with the footer currency switcher, which was a bit buggy if I am honest as it showed duplicated and I had to remove it a couple of times.

I am spending a lot of time in rebuilding these things and would love to have them both. Is there any incompatibility between both switchers? Thaks

June 11, 2024 at 7:26 pm #15728805

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for sharing this information, there should not be any incompatibility between them, nor do we have any known issues reported.

I want to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 12, 2024 at 5:41 pm #15733126

yeray-davidL-2

I tried again before getting back to you, and the problem seems to be fixed. Very strange. Anyways thanks for the help. It´s all good now

yeray-davidL-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-12 17:41:26.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.