Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The translations are working fine for the Home Page and Single Pages. However, for the shop page, product categories and products, the translations are not working and it shows a message "Page not Found".

Solution:
Just to let you know for future reference, my hosting (SiteGround) have found the issue.
They disable their plugin and it seems that the pages were working.
So they made some tests and it seems that by leaving memcached disabled the pages are working so there may be a conflict.
So far, the issue didn't occur again.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
July 7, 2023 at 1:07 pm #13968215

butterandflyB

The translations are working fine for the Home Page and Single Pages. However, for the shop page, product categories and products, the translations are not working and it shows a message "Page not Found".

July 7, 2023 at 9:21 pm #13970391

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there.

Thank you for contacting our support.

I tested this issue but I wasn't able to reproduce the error. Did you manage to fix the issue on your end?

If not, can you provide us with a example of an item that is showing the 404 error?

Thank you,

Please let us know.

July 12, 2023 at 1:58 pm #14025223

butterandflyB

Hello,
That is weird because for me, the translation pages are not found. I've cleaned my computer cache and purge the website cache and still have the same issue.

July 12, 2023 at 1:59 pm #14025241

butterandflyB

I've made a video to show you, but I'm not allowed to share. Is there a way I could send?

July 12, 2023 at 2:24 pm #14025559

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Can you please record the video using a service such as hidden link or upload the existing video to a file sharing system such as Google Drive or similar and provide us with the link here in the ticket?

I'm marking your next reply as private for you to share it.

Thank you, please let us know.

July 12, 2023 at 7:21 pm #14027923

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

It seems like the file is protected and I can't see it, I've sent a request to be able to open the file, please check your email.

Also, in order to be able to debug this issue faster, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

July 13, 2023 at 9:04 pm #14036177

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

I checked it and in my tests the issue only happens when I'm logged in. It happens randomly for me, I'm not able to replicate it consistently.

I want to test the site in the minimal environment, disabling all non-WPML plugins and switching to a default theme to see if I can find the culprit of this issue.

But since this is a production site, it might impact your users' experience for a short period of time if I do that.

I also believe that this could be hosting related, so migrating your site to a different server might prove not so helpful for debugging purposes.

Is it possible for you to ask your host provider, I believe that is Siteground, to create a staging site for us to test your site without the risk of breaking the live website?

In addition to that, can you please ask them to provide you with the HTTP Error logs for today, July 13th, as this might give us a hint on what's causing the 404 not found errors?

Thank you, please let me know if you're able to provide us with a staging copy of the site and I'll make your reply private, please don't share confidential info unless I make it private before.

Please let us know and we'll continue to investigate this.

Kind regards,

Mateus

July 14, 2023 at 9:23 am #14038851

butterandflyB

Hi Mateus, could you please make my reply private so I can send you the informations you've asked me? Thanks

July 14, 2023 at 10:11 am #14039129

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

I've set the next reply as private.

Thank you for following up on this.

Best,

July 14, 2023 at 8:52 pm #14041463

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Thank you so much for providing with those logs and the staging site.

Have you been able to replicate the issue on the staging site? I've been trying for a while now but so far this issue seems to happen only in the production site.

Thank you, please let us know so we can move forward with the investigation.

July 15, 2023 at 11:24 am #14042403

butterandflyB

I think you are right. Apparently it is only happening on the production site.
Any idea why?
Because it seems the issue is with WMPL as is on the Porgies language that are not working.

July 17, 2023 at 5:13 pm #14052037

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

I checked this out but so far I couldn't find a fix for it.

I asked my colleagues to have a look at this issue in order to see if there's anything I'm missing.

I'll come back here as soon as one of my colleagues reply back to me (which it shouldn't take long).

Thanks,

July 18, 2023 at 8:29 am #14055823

butterandflyB

Hi Mateus, thanks for keeping looking.
I hope we can find a solution.

July 19, 2023 at 1:22 pm #14066437

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Our 2nd tier team debugged this issue and it seems to be something on the hosting side.

We checked the settings in WPML and we weren't able to find anything wrong.

Two things that our team found is that in the staging site, where the issue doesn't happen, we can see this in the headers:

Sg-F-Cache: BYPASS

Another thing we noticed is that the site uses a reverse proxy, please ask your host provider to check if the requests are not being blocked in there.

They will have more tools and access to debug this hosting issue and should be able to help you fix this.

If after they check this you have other doubts or if need anything else don't hesitate to contact us and we'll double-check it.

Best,

Mateus

July 20, 2023 at 12:43 pm #14072265

butterandflyB

Hi Mateus, Thanks for looking into that issue for me.
I'll speak with Siteground and see what they can do.
I hope we can find a solution.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.