Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.92 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cristinaC-5 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: luo.

Author Posts
July 27, 2022 at 12:28 pm #11750307

cristinaC-5

Hello,
lately we are having some problems with taxonomies when translating posts.
We usually start from a language and, after the content insertion, we duplicate that post in the other languages. Then "translate separately" and edit only the parts that needs to be translated. This procedure has never given us any problems.
Over the past two weeks we noticed that taxonomy terms are not being translated and that if we manually select the "right ones", they are not being saved.

I uploaded a screenshot of a custom post-type ("Collezioni") with 3 taxonomies ("Tipologie", "Ambienti", "Effetti") which are acting weird, as described above. In this case they are even in 3 different languages (FR, EN, IT) and it should be in German (DE).

Is there a way to correct this behavior? Or a different procedure we should follow to avoid this problem?

Immagine 2022-07-27 142346.png
July 28, 2022 at 7:31 am #11756149

luo

Hello,

I assume we are talking about the "Translate independently" button of below document:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of WPML+ Toolset Types plugin, it works fine:
hidden link

You can see the results here:
hidden link
hidden link

All terms of taxonomy "Tipologie" are saved correctly.

Can you reproduce the same problem in above test site? thanks

July 28, 2022 at 8:18 am #11756555

cristinaC-5

Thank you for the response and the test.
Yes it was "translate independently", my bad.
I can't replicate the issue, it works as expected and as it always had.

If we manage to create a copy of our site in a staging environment, can i ask you to take a look at it? Maybe you can find the problem or at least some clues on how to solve it. Our developers can then work on it.

July 28, 2022 at 8:25 am #11756567

luo

There might be other compatibility issue in your website, please check these in your website:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of WPML plugins, you can download them here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2022, and test again

3) If the problem is fixed, then activate other plugins/theme one by one, try to locate the problem plugin/theme

July 28, 2022 at 10:44 am #11758007

cristinaC-5

We solved the problem by updating WPML to 4.5.8, we didn't notice there was a newer version...
Thank you for your patience, have a nice day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.