Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janS-38 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
December 8, 2022 at 1:56 pm #12615171

janS-38

Good afternoon,

Last week we installed WPML on globalrize.nl.

We have translated most of the pages. However, we see that the translation of a number of webpages are not shown, while they are set to 'completed'.

For example:
hidden link
hidden link

A number of templates are set to 'completed' too and aren't shown. For example, the templates in our megamenu on our website. They are still in dutch.

Can you help us to solve this problem?

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Klaas Michelsen

December 9, 2022 at 1:49 pm #12621841

janS-38

Unfortunately, I haven't yet had a reply

December 11, 2022 at 9:34 am #12628395

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Klaas,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, sorry for the late reply due to a higher workload. I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience

Regards,
Osama

December 14, 2022 at 11:35 am #12649069

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for the access details. I've checked the "Organisation" page and was able to fix the issue by following these steps.

1- Edit the page in the default language using Elementor
2- Click on the "Update" button
3- Re-translate the page
4- Clear the cache and check the front end (hidden link)

Would you please check the mentioned page and let me know if it works correctly? If it works correctly, please apply the steps to the problematic pages.

2) In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket, so may I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for your additional question?

Continuing with one ticket per issue helps supporters focus on one issue at once and enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Also, please translate the menus and check if that would fix the issue. Please open a new ticket for the menus issue if translating them didn't fix it. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/)

Best regards,
Osama

December 15, 2022 at 11:56 am #12657363

janS-38

Good afternoon,

We have apply the steps. Unfortunately the problem has not been resolved for the templates. Only for the pages.

The translation of only one template (Doe mee) is shown in our main menu/primair menu.
The translations of 'Dit doen we' and 'Dit is onze impact' are not shown.

The templates are called 'Mega Menu - Doe mee' and 'Mega Menu - Dit is onze impact'.

We hope you can solve this problem?

December 15, 2022 at 12:08 pm #12657425

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I've checked the issue and found that the menu was not translated correctly, so I translated it. After that, I edited the English menu to select the English templates.

In order to edit the English menu, please go to Appearance-> Menus, switch the language from the top admin bar, and select the needed menu.

Would you please check the English menu and let me know if it works correctly? (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.