Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is using the Event Manager plugin with the Event Tickets add-on and is facing issues with translating RSVP tickets. They want to either make RSVP tickets translatable with a single count of attendees across all languages or find a way to display the English RSVP ticket in all language versions of the event.

Solution:
We have identified that it is currently not possible to translate those Tickets using the WPML Translation Editor. As a workaround, we suggest creating the Tickets manually in the WordPress Editor. However, this does not sync the availability count between languages, meaning that if a ticket is purchased in one language, the available ticket amount will not be automatically adjusted in the other language.

After further research, we found that The Events Calendar, the author of the plugins, has acknowledged that many of their plugins, including Event Tickets, are not compatible with WPML. You can find more information in their documentation here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/.

To create multilingual events that support the desired RSVP feature with WPML, you may need to consider using a different plugin. You can find a list of plugins that have been tested and approved by our team here: https://wpml.org/plugin/.

If this solution is not relevant to your case, because it's outdated or not applicable, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket in our forum: WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 22, 2024 at 4:35 pm #15441826

crawfordT

Hello,

I have created Spanish and Catalan versions of this event using the Event Manager plugin (English original here- hidden link). I noticed the RSVP option from the Event Tickets add-on was set as translatable, but I couldn't see where it could be translated.

I also saw other threads with a similar issue suggesting that translated RSVPs were not counted as one, making it difficult to keep track of numbers as a whole. For example, https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-event-tickets-plus-translation/

I decided then to make the RSVP ticket untranslatable in the hope that it can be added to all language versions of the page, but I don't see how I can add it.

Is there a solution to this issue, i.e. either:

- make RSVP tickets translatable but with a single count of attendees, independent of the page they signed up from

OR

- find a way to display the English RSVP ticket in all language versions of the event

Many thanks,

Neil

March 23, 2024 at 2:03 pm #15443198

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

You could try to not translate your custom post and set them inside WPML > Settings > Post Type Translation to "Translatable - or use default language if a translation does not exist".

This will display the original content in all languages.

Guide:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#using-the-default-language-as-a-fallback-for-untranslated-content

Please give this a try and let me know how it worked out.

Best regards
Andreas

March 26, 2024 at 6:12 am #15449475

crawfordT

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for this suggestion. I have now set the custom post type "RSVP ticket" as "translatable or use default" as you have suggested.

The problem is that somehow I have managed to translate the RSVP ticket into Catalan and Spanish (NB the Spanish is pending review), however the ticket will still not display within the translated events.

So I have tried to find ways of deleting the translated RSVP tickets to see if the English version will show instead, but it seems impossible to do so from within translation manager.

Within the ticket/RSVP plugin section of admin, RSVPs are not listed so cannot be deleted or edited from there.

How can I go about deleting these translated RSVP tickets in order to try your solution?

Many thanks,

Neil

March 26, 2024 at 10:22 am #15450463

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Neil,

Usually, you should see language filters at the top of your tickets list screen.

Also when watching "All tickets" you should be able to switch the admin language inside the top admin bar. This way you should be able to filter tickets by language and delete the translations.

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

March 27, 2024 at 2:48 pm #15456343

crawfordT

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for this. I am currently backing up the website, but in the meantime can you supply an email address as I need this to set up a temporary admin user?

Btw I am still unable to delete the RSVP translations. I have put the Catalan and Spanish versions of the page into draft format as we need to advertise the event in English already.

As soon as you give me an email, I can supply the credentials.

All the best,

Neil

March 27, 2024 at 3:06 pm #15456634

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi,

My email is:

andreas.w@onthegosystems.com

Source:
https://wpml.org/forums/users/andreas-w/

March 27, 2024 at 3:47 pm #15456916

Andreas W.
Supporter

You are referring to the Events on the attached screenshot, correct?

I am not sure, why there should be an issue with deleting them.

Could you please clarify?

Further, you can see on the screenshot that the translated events are still saved as "Draft" which must be the reason why you can not see the translations.

If you set their status to "Published" it should work as expected. I can see translated content when previewing those draft posts.

events.png
March 27, 2024 at 4:10 pm #15457114

crawfordT

Hi Andreas,

The issue is not with translating the events, it is with translating the RSVP ticket which is characterised as a post type in wpml (tribe_rsvp_tickets). This RSVP ticket displays *within* the English event but the translated tickets do not seem to display within the translated events, it's not clear how to add them, and other users have reported that they do not integrate very well, i.e. attendees who RSVP on the different language versions of the event are not counted together.

I wanted to delete the translated RSVP tickets to see if the English version would display within the translated events after you suggested setting tribe_rsvp_tickets to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language."

Finally, I have put the Spanish and Catalan versions of the event into draft as I do not want users to see these versions of the page, there being no way to sign up with the RSVP ticket.

I hope this makes sense. What I want is EITHER for the translated RSVP tickets to appear correctly and to keep a collective count of attendees, OR to delete the translated tickets and just have the English ticket appear on each language version of the event.

March 27, 2024 at 4:50 pm #15457426

Andreas W.
Supporter

Those custom fields on your events seem not to be translatable which means you would need to create them manually for each event but edit the translated event on the WordPress Editor.

As far I see, those RSVP Events are created by the plugin "Event Tickets", correct?

I can offer a WPML Test Site on which you can install the essential necessary plugins for testing and we take further steps to make them translatable with the WPML Translation Editor.

Would you be able to install "The Events Manager" and "Event Tickets" for this test?

March 27, 2024 at 5:18 pm #15457626

crawfordT

Yes I can do that

March 27, 2024 at 10:18 pm #15458324

Andreas W.
Supporter

I just realized that both plugins are freely available on wordpress.org and I already replicated the issue on a test site.

It is sadly not yet possible to translate those Tickets with the WPML Translation Editor.

Workaround:

Create the Tickets manually on the WordPress Editor.

Anyhow, this might also not be the ideal solution, as it does not sync the availability count between languages.

This means, that if we purchase a ticket in one language, then the available ticket amount will not be automatically adjusted in the second language.

I then did some internal research on the topic and it results that we are already for a few years aware of these issues and informed the author about the issue.

The Events Calendar has for this topic the following documentation, in which they state that many of their plugins are not compatible with WPML and one of those is Event Tickets:

hidden link

This means, that to use WPML to create multilingual events that support the desired RSVP feature, you might need to consider using a different plugin plugin to create the events.

Plugins, that have been tested and approved by our team already, can be found here:
https://wpml.org/plugin/

March 28, 2024 at 7:05 am #15458847

crawfordT

OK thanks for exploring these options. I would suggest then that WPML update their compatability information for Events Manager as seen here https://wpml.org/plugin/events-manager/ because this could be misleading. It should explain that the add-ons to Events Manager are not compatible.

All the best,

Neil

crawfordT confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-28 07:05:17.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.