Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author Posts
February 12, 2024 at 4:09 pm #15294060

aigarsM

Hi,

Thank you. The core issues—that string translation doesn't work for EE and that I can't change the default locale—have been fixed. I could mark this ticket as resolved, but before I do, could you help me understand why I can't delete the original Estonian language? The first time I pressed "Yes, delete all 'Estonian' translations", it took much longer and deleted many posts. But now, it just closes the popup modal and pretends that it has deleted the language, even though that is not the case.

February 12, 2024 at 4:11 pm #15294061

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

How do you see the posts aren't deleted? From the database?

Without further information it's impossible to say why this happens.

Maybe enable the WordPress debug.log and see if there are errors there https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

February 13, 2024 at 6:22 am #15295600

aigarsM

"How do you see the posts aren't deleted?" - Well, because when I refresh the page, WPML indicates that the ET is still present and offers me the option to delete it again. Here is the video from the previous ticket: hidden link.

Also, in the database, we can see that there are still a bunch of terms under the ET language code: hidden link.

Unfortunately, the debug log says nothing. I only receive the PHP warning "PHP Warning: Constant DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT already defined", and I think it is unrelated to the WPML issue.

February 13, 2024 at 12:19 pm #15297380

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

There is a staging site where I can run some tests? Otherwise I'll need a copy of the site

February 14, 2024 at 6:24 am #15300198

aigarsM

Hello,

Since the main issues are fixed and further debugging the issue where we can't delete a language would take too much time we have decided not to look into the matter any further.

Thank you for your help!

aigarsM confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-14 06:24:14.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.