Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to set the Russian version of a WooCommerce product to draft after setting the Italian (main) version to draft, but is unable to find the option to do so. A similar issue is occurring with an English translation of a different post.

Solution:
We recommend checking the settings under WPML -> Settings -> Translated documents options. You should look for either 'When you receive completed translations' or 'When you publish the original post'. For already translated pages that are not reflecting the draft status, you may need to manually change the status. To do this, go to the WordPress editing screen of the page, switch the language using the Language Switcher in the top admin bar, and then change the status of the translated page to Draft. You can also perform this action in bulk by going to Pages -> All Pages and selecting the pages in the other languages.

If this solution does not apply to your situation, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 19, 2024 at 11:18 am #15425819

Manuel

Tell us what you are trying to do?
My customer has a website in 4 languages: IT, EN, DE and RU. I have set the status of a the italian (main) version of product in WooCommerce to draft, but the Russian version remain published. I can only update the translation but can't find a way to set the Russian version in draft.

I also have a similar situation with an English translation of a different post.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have found this post: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/draft-posts-in-original-language-appear-published-in-english/ but I can't find the option to set "Document status" to " Same as the original document" and in my case the content is not a post but a WooCommerce product.

Is there a similar example that we can see? The other translations of this product are in draft:
hidden link

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 12-17-15 Prodotti ‹ Tessitura Luigi Bevilaqua — WordPress.png
March 19, 2024 at 6:30 pm #15428386

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

You are looking for settings in WPML -> Settings -> Translated documents options. Depending on your needs, it can be either 'When you receive completed translations' or 'When you publish the original post'. Please see the attached screenshot.

However, this might not work for already translated pages. On the WordPress editing screen of a page, you might need to switch the language using the Language Switcher in the top admin bar. Then, change the status of the translated page to Draft. You can also do it in bulk in the Pages -> All Pages screen of the other languages. (French in my example.) Please see the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Itamar.

2024-03-19_20-15-00.jpg
2024-03-19_20-24-36.jpg
March 20, 2024 at 8:34 am #15429904

Manuel

Thanks, it did work!

Manuel confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-20 08:34:39.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.