Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I'm translating some strings added in the theme's header with String Translation but it doesn't translate on the top page of my site. The translations are from "admin_texts_dp_options" for "[dp_options]header_img_title" and "[dp_options]header_img_caption" in my theme.

Solution:
The strings were cached by the used theme "Lemon Cream by DigiPress", to fix show the translations you need to disable the cache option with the following steps:

- Go to Digipress > Advanced Setting > Speed setting
- Disable the "Use Cache" option
- Save the settings
- Clear all the cache files

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mayubonne 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
November 20, 2022 at 4:14 pm #12499355

Mayubonne

Tell us what you are trying to do?

The translations, Japanese to English and French, can be showed up in the String Translation but it doesn't translate on top page of my site. The translations are from "admin_texts_dp_options" for "[dp_options]header_img_title" and "[dp_options]header_img_caption" in my using theme.

Actually the translations work if I check out in the customizer.

My site:
hidden link, hidden link, hidden link

I hope you can help to solve this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.
Mayumi Tachikawa

November 20, 2022 at 8:52 pm #12500017

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Mayumi,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please try the following steps and let me know if that helps:

1. Go to WPML > String Translation
2. Delete the mentioned strings
3. Scroll down to the "Auto register strings for translation" section
4. Enable the "Look for strings while pages are rendered" option
6. Visit the page where the strings appear
7. Go back to the String Translation page and disable the Auto register option
8. Search for the strings in "String Translation" then translate them

Regards,
Mohamed

Screenshot_532.jpg
November 22, 2022 at 5:10 am #12508305

Mayubonne

Hello Mohamed,

I did what you told step by step but still doesn't work. It only works in the customizer.

Do you have any ideas to solve?

Mayumi

November 22, 2022 at 9:03 am #12509579

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Mayumi,

1) I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) so I can investigate this issue further.
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

2) Could you please tell me where I can see those texts on the front end? I see only one string that is not translated on the front page hidden link

Thanks for your cooperation

November 24, 2022 at 3:23 pm #12528865

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Mayumi,

I can't access the login page due to the following error:

403 error
Access to this page is currently prohibited.
For details, please check the following page.

Do use any security plugins or firewalls that might be causing this?

November 25, 2022 at 11:18 am #12533633

Mayubonne

Hi Mohamed,

I tried to revise to access from all host at the moment. I'm not sure it works or not but please try again.

Best regards,
Mayumi

November 26, 2022 at 1:00 pm #12538525

Mayubonne

Hi again,

It will be helpful if you could tell me any other ideas that you can access to log into my site, if you can't access again because I don't have good knowledge about the technology.

Best regards,
Mayumi

November 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm #12538625

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I've checked the site but I couldn't find any clues yet, I also tried to register the string with the following XML but it didn't help:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="dp_options">
      <key name="header_img_caption" />
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

I also see a strange behavior as the admin language keeps reverting to Japanese when I switch it to English.

Could you please tell me if you're switching back the language or do you see the same when switching the admin profile language?

Please also let me know where the text is added as I couldn't find any header templates/settings.

November 27, 2022 at 2:26 am #12539895

Mayubonne

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your quick returning.
I reply with inline below.

Does the admin profile language that you mentioned means that it's showed on the top menu after longgin in? If so, yes, the situation is the same. It doesn't switch to other language.
>Could you please tell me if you're switching back the language or do you see the same when switching the admin profile language?

There is the setting page for my theme template in the left side, "DigiPress" and click the "詳細設定 (Japanese)". Please check out "サイトヘッダー表示設定 (Japanese)" from the 6th item and you'll find them. I attached the image.
>Please also let me know where the text is added as I couldn't find any header templates/settings.

Best regards,
Mayumi

DPSetting.jpg
November 27, 2022 at 3:18 am #12540137
Mayubonne

Hi Mohamed,

There is actually an another issue that I've been working for is the custom post list お知らせ (news) page in my theme doesn't work properly. The list is not showed in each languages but showed in all languages mixed up.

I attached images of the list and of the admin page.

It will be grateful if you could check out as well.

Best regards,
Mayumi

New threads created by Mohamed Sayed and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-custom-post-type-list-shows-mixed-languages/

news list_mbonmbonne.jpg
news list_mbonmbonne_JP.jpg
news list_mbonmbonne_EN.jpg
news list_mbonmbonne_FR.jpg
November 27, 2022 at 12:49 pm #12541341

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Mayumi,

I checked the site again and made more tests including:

- Switching the admin language from the top admin bar and adding the English/French texts directly to the theme options page.

- Wrapping the text in a WPML string shortcode like [wpml-string context="The-Theme-Domain"]花笑みあるジュエリーを制作しています![/wpml-string] then translating again with String translation.

But nothing of the above steps helps to fix this issue.

Most probably this is an issue with the theme and the text is not translatable. For the text translation to appear on the site, the following conditions have to be met:

- The text must be wrapped in gettext calls.
- There must be a textdomain argument.

So kindly contact the theme authors and ask them to check if that text meets the above conditions. Please share this guide with them too and let me know their feedback: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/enabling-text-translation-for-themes-not-compatible-with-wpml/

For better support, we handle one issue per ticket. So I've created a new ticket for the other issue you mentioned. We will update you there soon: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-custom-post-type-list-shows-mixed-languages/

Regards,
Mohamed

November 28, 2022 at 5:20 am #12543533

Mayubonne

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you very much for your helping out.

Yes, I’ll will ask the theme author what you told me about the issue at first.

I’ll let you know their feedback.

For the second issue, I’ll also ask the author if there’s solution. It might be helpful.

Regards,
Mayumi

November 28, 2022 at 8:04 am #12544199

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I also suggest asking the theme authors to join our Go Global program via this link (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/), so our compatibility team can work with them to fix compatibility issues and make the theme fully compatible with WPML.

Regards,
Mohamed

December 1, 2022 at 2:51 pm #12571605

Mayubonne

The author said that the issue which I asked is supposed to be out of support but made my theme version updated in order to solve this issue in this time according to WPML condition.

I made my theme updated and try to find which file is accorded to the "admin_texts_dp_options" for "[dp_options]header_img_title" and "[dp_options]header_img_caption" but can't find the file.

The issue isn't solved yet.

It would be grateful if you check out my theme again.

Best regards,
Mayumi

PS: I am not sure if the author will join our Go Global program or not but I will hopefully ask him as he recommended me other translation plugin.

December 1, 2022 at 7:36 pm #12574023

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Mayumi,

I'm consulting our 2d tier supporters about this issue and will update you once I get their reply.

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.