Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mohammed 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
March 13, 2023 at 4:23 am #13227867

sylvainG-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I duplicated an English past event, and changed the date to June 2023 I also duplicated its prior French translation and changed the date to June 2023. All the other languages are duplicated, only french is translated. Now I want to link the french event as the french translation of the main English event.
Before (past years) there was an option on the right menu, saying "this is the translation of this page", I would have select the english event and it will have linked them, but I cannot see this option anymore !?!?
But I can see this option: Choose an Event to be Assigned.
But it seems, I can only make the french page as the main event and english will become it translation !?! which is not what I want. All main pages are english !
Please help 🙏

Syvain

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.15.30.png
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.16.16.png
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.16.40.png
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.15.14.png
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.13.48.png
March 13, 2023 at 12:23 pm #13231791

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I understand that you want to link translated events and make sure that the English version is the main one. You can follow that doc to achieve what you're looking for: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-link-already-translated-pages/.

When you click "Connect with translations" in French and then choose the English version, you'll be introduced to a dialogue to decide which version is the main one, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hope that helps 🙂

SCR-20230313-muft.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.