Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 28, 2023 at 3:56 pm #15135353

Tom

I am trying to: synchronize the stock amounts between 2 languages via the troubleshooting tool because the synchro is not working when a product is sold in the shop.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: the whole page.

I expected to see: a normal synchro of stock between product variations no matter in which language a product is sold.

Instead, I got: different stock amounts in 2 languages of the same product and its same variation - so we had to synchronize via troubleshooting tool in "WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency". And this is not working ether, because we started this at 10:24 a.m. and now 4:53 p.m. it still is working due to the indicator wheel at the right bottom.

Screenshot.jpg
December 29, 2023 at 5:13 am #15135948

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello Tom 🙂

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you with this.

Have you tried disabling all non-WPML plugins, switching to one of the default themes, and checking whether the issue persists or not?

Please remember to create a backup of your site (both files and the database) before making any updates or changes. This is always a good practice.

Further, It looks like there is some php error happening when running the troubleshooting on your site which is creating the problem, being so can you please follow the below steps and share the results?

1. Add the following code to your wp-config.php

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.

3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see. https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#how-to-send-debug-log-to-the-supporters

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 29, 2023 at 7:06 am #15136003

Tom

Hello,

maybe I did not point that out enough: this is a live site. So real transactions are happening at a rate of about 70 to 80% of the sales in sum. So we cannot switch anything of or display things due to the customers actions.

We can only log things by debugging. And due to real sales actions we cannot just repeat creating a problem, sorry.

Are there more other ways to check a possible solution?

kind regards
Tom

December 29, 2023 at 9:49 am #15136176

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

We would need to replicate the issue, so we would need to try these steps, from what I understand I suggest you create a staging site so we can troubleshoot this further.

Thanks

December 30, 2023 at 7:30 am #15137858

Tom

Hello there,

we now created a complete new staging site. The credentials are:

We also deactivated all plugins that are not necessary for using the shop. A standard theme also was activated. So the status should be like recommended.

We also activated the payment method "Pay by invoice" so that you can test limitless.

To reproduce the mentioned main issue you have to make a lot of orders within German and English and check the stock amounts if they are the same or not.

I hope this fits your needs for maybe solving this issue.

Thank you and kind regards
Tom

January 1, 2024 at 5:09 am #15139132

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the staging site details.

I logged in and went to hidden link and saw a warning message from WPML

Some settings from the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency wpml-config.xml file have been overwritten.
You should check WPML configuration files added by other plugins or manual settings on the Multilingual Content Setup section.

Custom field _stock configuration from wpml-config.xml file was altered!

The custom field _stock should be don't translate by default but in your setup it's marked as Copy, so please change it to the default option and test the issue, this should fix the issue.

To change the custom field settings:
- Go to WPML->Settings->Custom Field Translations
- Click on "show system fields"
- Search for _stock and set it to "Don't translate"

Thanks

stock_field_settings.jpeg
January 1, 2024 at 10:18 am #15139300

Tom

Hallo,

and happy new year.

We now changed the settings and will observe the behaviour, because the issue is not permanent. So we only can check each time a sale happens if the stocks synchronize correctly.

The issue itself is not really to be marked as solved because of this. But the timeframe can be short or longer, therefore I would say we mark it as closed, not solved an if the probem persists I will refer to this topic.

I this a way to handle things?

Kind regards,
Tom

January 1, 2024 at 1:10 pm #15139470

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The ticket will be opened for 2 weeks without any activity, so feel free to test within this timeframe and let us know, if you need more than 2 weeks, you can open a new chat and mention about this ticket and we can move forward from there.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Synchronizing stock via troubleshooting is not working’ is closed to new replies.