Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
June 2, 2022 at 3:17 pm #11374831

marceloD-5

I followed all the tutorials but the menu does not perform the translation when we executed the Refresh BuddyPress Navigation.

I followed every available tutorial online.
I also redid the menus and it didn't work.

He doesn't translate into two locations that are in the photos.
To see what happened, it takes to be logged.

June 3, 2022 at 7:17 am #11379607

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for contacting us.

1) I am not sure what is the issue. Can you please share more info on what is the problem and steps on how can I see the issue?

2) As you can see from our compatibility link, you will need to use the manual method and not the WPML editor to translate WPMLS pages/courses and any content created with it.

Also as suggested, have you contacted WPMLS support for further help on this?

Please note: This plugin has a WPML integration that is handled by the author. Should you be experiencing any issues, please report them to WPLMS support.

- https://wpml.org/plugin/wplms-2/

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Drazen

June 3, 2022 at 12:48 pm #11383377

marceloD-5

There are two menus that aren't being applied to translation using WPLMS with WPML.
To execute this translation, you have to perform an action as the tutorial below.
hidden link

But the problem is that translations are carried out, but when we run the Refresh BuddyPress Navigation it doesn't work.

The translation is in manual format.
I've already made contact with WPLMS and I'm waiting for the return.
As integration is with you I thought you could help me too.
Another time when I needed you guys helped me.

Captura de Tela 2022-06-02 às 10.05.15.png
Captura de Tela 2022-06-02 às 10.04.32.png
June 3, 2022 at 1:14 pm #11383581

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I understand, that integration is with us but as said it is done from their side, so I think they would be more helpful since they are more aware of your setup and add-on plugin made for WPML compatibility. I think they would be faster in supporting.

Since you already submitted the request there, can you please wait for the WPLMS support reply and let us know how it goes and if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks,
Drazen

June 3, 2022 at 1:24 pm #11383603

marceloD-5

They answered me talking to see you.
They believe they may have the right answer.
Is it possible you could check it out?
I'm about to lose this client because of this incompatibility.
I'm really desperate.

June 3, 2022 at 1:38 pm #11383719

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I understand, and we can check out but in the end, if it is a compatibility issue we will also need to contact them. Not much we can do from our side since they provide WPML compatibility from their side.

Also, I am not sure I understand your reply. I checked their forum and I see they haven't yet replied anything like that to your reply:

- hidden link

Can you please be patient and wait for their further reply, I am sure they will be helpful.

If not, I will provide you with a sandbox website as ext step where you can try to replicate the issue, and I will escalate then to our compatibility team and we will contact the WPLMS team.

Thanks,
Drazen

June 6, 2022 at 12:39 pm #11396095

marceloD-5

Please I need help for this issues.
Before it was working properly and after the update stopped working.
My client wants me to handle it immediately and I need your support.
On the link above they didn't know how to answer.

June 6, 2022 at 12:58 pm #11396211

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

we can take a look but as said before, I can not guarantee we can fix it from our side only and would probably need WPMLS help.

In order for me to check it out with, I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML
- Install ONLY necessary plugins.
- Try to replicate the issue with a simple dummy example
- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Thanks,
Drazen

June 8, 2022 at 5:51 pm #11417367

marceloD-5

I tried to carry out the translation only with the necessary plugins.
You kept on having the same problem not translating the menu when we used the Refresh BuddyPress Navigation.
Can you try to translate the menu from the student panel?
Plase I need help! My client doesn't want to waste any more time and only you can help me

Captura de Tela 2022-06-08 às 14.47.59.png
June 9, 2022 at 6:57 am #11420539

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I am glad to check the sandbox replicated issue, but you will need to share more info, in order to understand the issue and what is going on.

1) Please share the steps you took to replicate the issue from scratch on the new sandbox website.

2) Please share steps on what I should try, and how I can see the issue happening.

Thanks,
Drazen

June 9, 2022 at 3:21 pm #11426623

marceloD-5

Ok, perfect.

To translate the menu i was go in Appearance > Menu, and then I went on the menu and selected Vibebp Loggedin Menu.
I choose another language and create a translate menu in other language.

After that, I'll go in languages at WPML and change the setting form for /pt-br

I'm going on Vibe PB > Configuration > Buddypress and I Click on Refresh BuddyPress Navigation (In language selected to translate menu for dashboard)

Is the step by here: hidden link

When I had a problem once I was oriented to change the formation of the language in WPML and it worked, but after the update you guys stopped.

June 10, 2022 at 6:56 am #11430707

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I checked but I see it is not translating correctly the menu translation is not translated menu nor the string translation.

I think this comes from since we came how menus work after WPML 4.5.

Since WPLMS provides WPML compatibility on its own, it is not maintained by us or tested.

Please report this issue to the theme and ask them to re-check and update their WPML compatibility code.

If they need our help, please invite them to GoGlobal compatibility program and we will be glad to help:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

I am afraid we would need their collaboration and their side to update the compatibility code added in order to fix this issue.

Hope you will understand.

Thanks,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.