Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Client is unable to see the translated postcards element category filters on the English version of their website. The filters are not displaying, and manual fixes are not permanent as they get reset randomly.

Solution:
If you're experiencing issues with translating postcards element category filters and they are not displaying on your translated pages, we recommend adding custom XML configuration to your WPML settings. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Navigate to WPML -> Settings.
2. Add the following code to the Custom XML Configuration section:

<wpml>
  <shortcode>
    <tag>fusion_post_cards</tag>
    <attributes>
      <attribute type="media-ids">post_card</attribute>
      <attribute type="taxonomy-ids">include_product_cat</attribute>
    </attributes>
  </shortcode>
</wpml>

3. If you already have existing content in the Custom XML Configuration, ensure you add this within the section.
4. Update the page in the original language that contains the postcard.
5. Edit the translation and check if the content appears in the translation editor. If not, use the search function at the top of the advanced translation editor.
6. After saving the translation, verify if the translation is visible on the frontend.

For more details on how to use custom XML configurations, please refer to our documentation: WPML language configuration files.

If this solution doesn't seem relevant to your issue, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
November 28, 2023 at 12:29 pm #14939123

dosvisual.com

I am trying to: translate to ENG the postcards element category filters

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The postcards filters on the ENG version too (Milongas / CLASSES / PACKS + HOTEL)

Instead, I got: The filter is not displaying at all. I´m using the advanced translator and the page is translated completly. Actually, I´ve been fixing this by Editing the ENG page and adding the categories manually. The problem is this fix is not permanent, it gets reset randomly.

ES-inscripciones-category-filters-ok-frontend.png
EN-registrations-category-filters-not-translated-frontend.png
ES-inscripciones-category-filters-ok.png
EN-registrations-category-filters-not-translated.png
November 28, 2023 at 2:44 pm #14941035

dosvisual.com

p.s> the website is under maintenance right now so you´ll need a user to see the issue. I see no private fields to provide that information..

November 29, 2023 at 2:38 am #14945741

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the above information, private field reply has been enabled

November 29, 2023 at 11:38 pm #14956895

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

I can verify that indeed the category options are missing in the backend when i review the Avada element.

When you fix this manually, I suppose it reverts after you make a change to the default language correct?

If possible please try this with Workaround 2 and let me know you results

https://wpml.org/errata/avada-library-element-type-not-copied-during-manual-translation/

November 30, 2023 at 7:42 pm #14967047

dosvisual.com

Hi Bobby
Thanks for the suggestion.
The instructions on that link do not correspond to the issue I´m facing...

"Overview of the issue
When manually translating an Avada Library Element using the WordPress editor, the element’s type (e.g., “Container”) isn’t carried over to the translated version. Consequently, the translated element is always identified as a Template type.
Duplicating to other languages or translated using the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) don’t present this issue."

The postcard element on /inscripciones// and /en/registrations/ was not on the library..
Just in case I saved it and followed the steps, the filters are still not displaying :/

December 5, 2023 at 12:46 am #14992073

Bobby
Supporter

Correct, while they do not directly there was a chance the 2 were connected, thank you for testing the workaround and updating me.

I am escalating this thread to our 2nd tier support and they will take a look at this issue.

You will be notified as soon as new information is available.

Thank you,
Bobby

December 12, 2023 at 7:21 pm #15049279

dosvisual.com

Thanks Bobby
Are there any updates on this?

December 13, 2023 at 6:44 pm #15058197

Lauren
Supporter

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, Bobby is off for a few days so I'm stepping in to hellp out. Please add the following to your WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML configuration. If you already have content there, make sure you add this to the shortcode section. If not, make sure you use the <wpml> opening and closing tags as outlined here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Code to add:

<shortcode>
      <tag>fusion_post_cards</tag>
      <attributes>
        <attribute type="media-ids">post_card</attribute>
        <attribute type="taxonomy-ids">include_product_cat</attribute>
      </attributes>
    </shortcode>

After adding this to the custom XML configuration, update the page in the original language that has the postcard. Then, edit the translation and you should see this content in the translation editor. If you don't see it, please use the search at the top of the advanced translation editor and let me know if you see it there. Once you save the translation, check and see if the translation shows on the frontend.

December 14, 2023 at 2:38 pm #15065713

dosvisual.com

It worked Lauren, thanks a lot 🙂

dosvisual.com confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-14 14:38:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.