Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 1, 2024 at 10:15 am #15362127

walter-arielM

Hello,

Once I do a translation in "string translation" page I need to open each term and wait for the page to load the translated string. This is a waste of time. Can I copy translations to ALL matches automatically AT ONCE?

Take a look at this 30 seconds video to see what I mean:hidden link

Please, let me know.
Regards,
Walter.

March 1, 2024 at 11:58 am #15362666

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

I'll help you get started while a supporter takes your case.

There's something weird there in the video. by default when you open a translation that already has one translation and matches the same one, it loads the translation not right away but after like a few milliseconds. in you video it seems you have to copy paste it everytime.

I also see that from the time you save the string and the time it says it was saved there are a few seconds delay which tells me there's something slowing down your site (it's usually a query communication restriction on the hosting, most of the time).

While there is no way to actually add the translation in one place and then add them in other places, there should be a matching system that would suggest the translation as soon as you open another that matches a past string translation so you'd only have to save it.

this is done on purpose because based on the strings, languages and positions you might want to actually have different translations for the same term.

-------------

One thing i suggest you use is our advanced translation editor to bulk translate strings so you can instead have what you're looking for (you translate one and the others are translated automatically): https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#sending-strings-to-translators

Try it out and let us know if that could help your case.

March 4, 2024 at 8:00 am #15367811

walter-arielM

Hi Alejandro,

Can you please send me a tutorial to use the "bulk translate string" editor?ç
I mean a way to select multiples "strings" in the "string translation page" and set the 'translations" for those strings.

Thanks.

March 4, 2024 at 8:28 am #15367935

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

It would be this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#sending-strings-to-translators

March 4, 2024 at 8:37 am #15368050

walter-arielM

Hello Bruno,

I already checked this page but I am afraid it is not clear to me.
I get stuck in the 'click at the TRANSLATE button' step...

Can you please take the time to send me a 'step by step' directions to do this?
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

March 4, 2024 at 9:44 am #15368488

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Can you check this?
hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Copy translations to ALL matches automatically’ is closed to new replies.