Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 20, 2022 at 5:47 pm #12089579

sipanB

1)
I made a translation in two languages. But where do I click on the view in English or in Russian anyway, nothing will dry up.. I originally have the Armenian language.

hidden link

hidden link
massupportjvjgvJvKFCKFVKuj

RuK9C%lw3HR)*@3$x3b)5HhL

hidden link
pobrobu you, too, when you click not a translator .. I translated this page

2) hidden link
It is in Russian

3) hidden link
and this is in english

September 20, 2022 at 7:24 pm #12089863

sipanB

ok, I solved this problem..
another is needed. pomaoh man

hidden link
in these places I have a lot of words that also need to be translated and no matter how I can find it, how to do it and please tell me

September 21, 2022 at 11:11 am #12094311

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the menus in the screenshot you provided are taxonomies. You can translate them as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/.

Best Regards
Marcel

September 21, 2022 at 12:16 pm #12094769

sipanB

?

September 21, 2022 at 12:32 pm #12094861

sipanB

1)
hidden link
I found and did as you said .. now you tell me in detail where to go so that I can translate these words .. please write where and how to do it

2(
hidden link
this place also does not allow me to translate.

I don't know.. how to do it all. I'm working with this plugin for the first time.. and I need no support.. where and how to do it, I can't understand these places how to do the translation. these words were translated
kindly help..

September 21, 2022 at 12:41 pm #12094969

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

as provided in the link above, open the WPML -> Settings and configure a translation option for your specific taxonomies. Once this is done, you will be able to translate the taxonomies directly in the window as viewable on your screenshot: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/#translating-taxonomy-terms-using-the-taxonomy-edit-screens.

So you can add the translation directly in the same way you add a new taxonomy.

For the second issue, please create a new ticket with details on how these fields were created so that we can take a look. Thanks!

Best Regards
Marcel

September 21, 2022 at 12:47 pm #12094979

sipanB

hidden link
I don’t post knives.. but in the photo I indicated where nuyana is translated.. di makes the photo is not what I need, I already showed where I need it

September 21, 2022 at 1:00 pm #12095155

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I cannot really follow what you mean, please explain in detail.

1) If you are referring to the taxonomy content (like "tv"), you need to configure first the translation of your taxonomies "Categories" & "Locations" for the Custom Post Type "Candiates". This was explained on the provided link https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/#setting-taxonomy-terms-to-be-translatable.

Please configure if for these taxonomies, then you will see a language option on the screen, where you can add the translation for your entries.

2 If you refer to the labels of the menu (means you want to translate the words for the menu "Candidates", Locations", "Categories", you can translate them as described here https://wpml.org/de/faq/how-to-translate-custom-types/, also by activating the translation of these elements.

Best Regards
Marcel

September 21, 2022 at 1:05 pm #12095187

sipanB

yaa not mago to do not a policeman.. there are places that I just don’t know how to do.. if it’s not difficult, please go in and make these settings, then I will do the translation after you

September 21, 2022 at 1:16 pm #12095221

Marcel
Supporter

But what do you want to translate? 1) or 2)?

Means, the content of the taxonomies or their menu labels?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Best Regards
Marcel

September 21, 2022 at 4:55 pm #12097589

sipanB

[Removed by WPML Support]

please turn on automatic translation, set everything to be normal ..
this account has already been duplicated. you just go to the infusion of everything and turn it on so that everything that the EU has on my page translates all the lines in two languages .. please

September 21, 2022 at 6:58 pm #12098331

sipanB

1)
hidden link
look here we are the original language.,here my specialty is all written..but when i press english or russian.it doesn’t show everything but i translated everything..moish you fix it so that it shows everything

2) hidden link
I translated but these words are not a translator and this is correct please. To be translated in Russian and in English

3)hidden link
and I can’t find these places so that it can also be transferred .. please make these places di aphtomatically translate
hidden link
go to find these arrows look at the EU words down these words all need to be translated .. all these need to be translated

I will be very grateful if you help me

September 22, 2022 at 7:27 am #12100759

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

you posted your credentials public. I removed them for security reasons.

Please use the safe, private reply I activated for you. I can only address if you add the credentials that way, as you also need to confirm the legal disclaimer and confirm that you have a backup.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

please turn on automatic translation, set everything to be normal ..

Automatic translation has to be activated by you, as it requires the purchase of credits: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/. I still don't know what you want to archive. Please answer my question on https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-in-translation/#post-12095221 first.

Please create separate tickets for the other three questions, as our support policy only allows 1 case per ticket. Please include an URL to your examples from your screenshots, so we can see on which page we can find that content. Thanks!
Best Regards
Marcel

September 22, 2022 at 2:27 pm #12104975

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

please use the activated private input field, as you need to accept the disclaimer before I can access. You are posting your site credentials again in public.

Please answer the question I asked you on https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-in-translation/#post-12095221, as I don't know what you want me to check about the taxonomy issue.

For the rest, I kindly need to ask you to create separate tickets, as we can only handle 1 issue per thread. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards
Marcel

September 22, 2022 at 3:18 pm #12105543

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the site access. The translation of the taxonomies on Candidates -> Categories & Locations is already correctly activated. So the initial issue you reported here is solved.

2)
hidden link
but where I click on this page it throws up in Armenian it should not be

You don't have any translated menus. Please create them for your languages English and Russian, as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/. Currently, a fallback is loaded, which re-links back to Armenian.

As I mentioned, please create separate tickets for each issue with a clear description and link, and we can check them in detail.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards
Marcel

menu.png
taxonomies.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.