Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client has an issue with a custom post type created with ACF not being translated on the frontend, even though translation was activated in ACF and the field was translated.
Solution:
We recommended that the client should translate the 'poltrone' post-type slug into English ('seats') via WPML>>Settings>>Custom Posts Type Translation. It is important to perform a full site backup before making changes. After translating the slug, the client should visit Settings>>Permalinks and resave the settings. Following these steps, it is also advised to clear all types of caches to check if the issue persists. For more detailed instructions, we provided a link to our documentation: Translating page slugs.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 30, 2024 at 4:39 pm #15466661

rosarioR

Hello,
I have a small problem with a custom post type created with ACF.
I activated translation in ACF and translated the field.
But the CPT is not translated in the frontend.

Here is a video screen.
hidden link

Thank you

March 31, 2024 at 7:10 pm #15467573

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please visit the WPML>>Menu Sync page and make sure the Menus are translated completely into the secondary language as expected.

Also, visit Settings>>Permalinks, resave the settings, and clear all types of caches. Then check if there is any difference in the results.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 2, 2024 at 7:14 pm #15474893

rosarioR

Hi Bigul,
Sorry for the delay in replying, but strangely the notification email did not arrive.

I saved the permalinks, but nothing has changed, it remains untranslated.
I paste the debug data.
I noticed that 2 errors are reported.
I attach you a screenshot.

Thank you!

April 3, 2024 at 8:41 am #15476855

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The "Gateway Timeout" error will not be causing this, as it occurred a month ago.

So please fill in the private details fields after a full site backup{mandatory}. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Refer to the following links for more details about our private information-sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 3, 2024 at 3:18 pm #15479330

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. Now you are using a custom Menu Item for *Poltrone/Seats*. The *poltrone* is a post type slug, but it is not translated into English yet. And also no taxonomy terms support the slug *seats*. That is why it is showing the Page Not Found error. So it is an expected result.

So as a workaround translate the *poltrone* post-type slug to English(*seats*) from WPML>>Settings>>Custom Posts Type Translation after a full site backup, visit Settings>>Permalinks & resave the settings. Then clear all types of caches and make sure the issue exists or not. Refer to the following article for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/#translate-url-slug-custom-post-type

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 5, 2024 at 8:42 am #15486865
rosarioR

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
I also translated from the settings, as you recommended, it's working now!
But there is something I don't understand, I had already translated this term elsewhere, from the advanced editor and then also in detail within ACF, as I showed you in the video. Why is it translated several times?

Also, for example, I'm experiencing something strange.
The "Sale Creations" page has been translated with the advanced editor, if I open the editor I can see the translations.
But the slug has a different name, should this be managed directly on the copy page? shouldn't it always be translated by the advanced editor? Where does this translation come from?
Screenshot 1
hidden link

Another anomaly that I encounter is the translation of some Strings, which are indicated as Italian, but are in English. these come from the Theme.
Is there a way to force it and tell him that they are in English?
Screenshot 2
hidden link

NOTE: Please make these messages private, both these and past screenshots show the company name.

Thank you!

April 5, 2024 at 5:34 pm #15489279

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Happy to know you are getting the expected results for Menus and Posts.

Please note that I have opened new tickets for the other issues. As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the latest tickets. Please wait. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Also, the screenshot URLs will be only visible to you and our forum moderators. It will be hidden for the rest of the users.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 5, 2024 at 5:44 pm #15489317

rosarioR

Okay thanks, I'll wait.
Ok for the links, but I see the screenshots are public.
Thank you

April 6, 2024 at 3:05 pm #15490693

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The screenshots attached to the open threads will be visible to the public. Please let us know if you want to remove the screenshots from this ticket.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 6, 2024 at 4:14 pm #15490825

rosarioR

Hello,
remove the public screenshots where the company name and description is shown.

Thank you

April 8, 2024 at 8:13 am #15492946

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I removed all the screenshots of this ticket. Please check.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 8, 2024 at 1:30 pm #15494353

rosarioR

Thank you Bigul!

rosarioR confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-08 13:30:52.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.