Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jasmin 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
March 9, 2023 at 2:52 am #13202835

Jasmin

Currently, this site is under development and we are about to launch the site.
which means, Domain will be different with DNS transfer.

My question is,

1- if we start to translate the site by translators and use auto-translation, will we lose our translation when transferring the site?
2- Will be affected if we change a server? (this one is just to check)

Thanks.

Jasmin

March 9, 2023 at 10:27 am #13205673

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jasmin,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be glad to help you.

The translations you created manually or automatically are saved in the database, so if the migration is properly made, you shouldn't lose any of them. Also changing the domain won't affect the translations.

Once you move your site to the new domain/server, WPML will detect the URL change and asks you if the site was copied or moved. This tells the Advanced Translation Editor what to do with pending translations, translation memory, and existing URLs and permalinks.

Please check here for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/using-advanced-translation-editor-when-you-move-or-use-a-copy-of-your-site/

I hope that you will find this answer helpful.

Regards,
Mohamed

March 12, 2023 at 4:12 am #13224667

Jasmin

thanks, we will start to translate then. Hope all will be fine.
Jasmin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.