Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 59 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 30, 2022 at 8:06 am #11573215

Javier

Unfortunately, when we deleted them and recreating, we noticed that when we use the WPML translation then "save and close" the new version it takes a lot of time to upload , it can take up to 2 days
We'd like to know if it's normal?Do you have any solution?
Thank you

June 30, 2022 at 9:33 am #11574151

Javier

Can we suggest that you do the operation on our site so you can debug the issue? We are not able to do this.
I can set-up a temporary login and also make a back-up of our site so you can do that.
Please allow for a specific window for login credentials, thank you.
Best Regards,

Javier Petrement

June 30, 2022 at 10:11 am #11574691

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you.

I don't think it would be a good idea to troubleshoot your live site. Do you have a staging site where we could do this?

As an alternative, we can migrate your site to a cloudserver which is what we use for larger sties.

Please advise if you are able to provide a staging site or not.

June 30, 2022 at 12:03 pm #11575929

Javier

Hello Yvette,
It is very unfortunate for us that, due to our url structure reflecting each secondary language as a subdomain, we cannot use our hosting development environment... If we could have gone back in time, I would never have chosen this, perhaps it would be good to inform furture users?

In any case, your suggestion is great, how can we move forward, what do you need? FTP access? Please open up a box where we can safely send you all that you need.

Thanks!

July 1, 2022 at 8:31 am #11583107

Yvette
Supporter

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).

If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.

To do the migration please follow these simple steps:
-Install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/)
-After you activate it you will be redirected to the migration form
-Fill it with this information:

--Email: 
Your email here, as you will be notified about the migration progress.

--Destination Site URL: 
wordpress-219768-713267.cloudwaysapps.com

--Server Public IP Address:

--Database Name: 
bcujrydhzk

--Database User: 
bcujrydhzk

--Database Password: 
5St3tNdPT4

--SFTP User: 
yvette-11573215

--SFTP Password: 
Yvette-11573215

-Agree with the terms of service and click on "Migrate"

More information:
hidden link
You will get an email when the migration starts, and one when the migration ends.

Let me know when the migration is ready and I will check the issue in the test site immediately. Don't forget to provide login details for userid that has wp-admin priveleges on the site you have migrated in the private area I have opened.

The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.

The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

July 1, 2022 at 8:51 am #11583159

Javier

Hi Yvette, we have prepared two files to hopefully help you in debugging this issue.

1. Spanish version Skopio ceramic premium.docx
2. Skorpio ceramic premium Skorpio.xlsx

If you really want to do exactly as we have done, you will need to create entirely the Spanish version of the product (the issue happens when you try to save the information by clicking "save and close").

If we do the actions ourselves, this will launch the long process you would like to debug on your side so it seems like you would have to fill in those fields and then click on “save and close” when creating the Spanish version on your staging site:

Actually, all that is really important in the information entered there are the actual translations of the different values for each attribute, besides that you could in theory just put in random filler content of your choice. However we provide below and in the Excel file, all the correct data in case you would like to do it exactly as we have tried to do.

Please read in that order, in the first one (word file), we explain how to use the Excel file and the Excel file contains all the values to be copy/pasted to make it easier for you...

Let us know if we can help you more efficiently.

We need to provide FTP and other credentials for you to transport our site to your server.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Javier Petrement

July 1, 2022 at 11:51 am #11584685

Javier

Hello Yvette, I am getting these error messages (not that the internet connection broke down the first time I tried, now I get the same message all the time):

hidden link
hidden link

On their form, I do not see where to enter this information you provided:
--Database Password:
5St3tNdPT4

and now, after refreshing and trying all over again, I get this message:
hidden link

thanks

July 1, 2022 at 12:06 pm #11584833

Yvette
Supporter

I think I gave the wrong information.

Please try these (note the changed Destination Site URL):

--Email: 
Your email here, as you will be notified about the migration progress.

--Destination Site URL: 
wordpress-219768-2707062.cloudwaysapps.com/

--Server Public IP Address:

--Database Name: 
bcujrydhzk

--Database User: 
bcujrydhzk

--Database Password: 
5St3tNdPT4

--SFTP User: 
yvette-11573215

--SFTP Password: 
Yvette-11573215

July 1, 2022 at 12:43 pm #11585069

Javier

Thanks, ok, running this now, all YES/NO options are left at NO at the bottom of the form and these two informations that you provide are not requested in the form:
--Database User: 
bcujrydhzk

--Database Password: 
5St3tNdPT4

Looks good, migration is in process:
hidden link

You also have full access to our admin via the other ticket you and I have in common.

Best Regards,

Javier Petrement

July 1, 2022 at 1:22 pm #11585345

Yvette
Supporter

Please let me know when it is done. And sorry again for the faulty info.

July 1, 2022 at 2:09 pm #11585499

Javier

Hello Yvette, no worries about that. Nonetheless, I am leaving my office and the process has not entirely completed..

hidden link

I will check my phone but then I can not connect to this thread, think not from my phone...
Will have a look in an hour from now..

July 1, 2022 at 2:30 pm #11585643

Javier

Migration completed

July 4, 2022 at 12:36 pm #11597633

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Thank you and I am able to open the dashboard.

Please now provide the URL of the product that you have problems "loading" and saving.

Thanks

July 4, 2022 at 1:15 pm #11598021

Javier

Hello Yvette,

This is the product you can use: hidden link

I would like to send you the values that you can use to complete the set-up of the Spanish version of the product so you can then click on "save and update" and see how the program goes into a 24h+ process while trying to create the variations in Spanish...

Can I have a box so I can send you the instructions and values so you can replicate the issue?

Thanks

July 4, 2022 at 1:31 pm #11598173

Yvette
Supporter

I assume you want a private box....here you go.

You might have to put dummy entries in the form to save and reply.

The topic ‘[Closed] variable product takes a long time to save’ is closed to new replies.