Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
June 28, 2024 at 7:06 am

adv-4

Background of the issue:
I have a site in 3 languages, and I use Elementor with Gridbuilder and OCF. I am trying to translate select options in ACF, but the translation does not work in Gridbuilder's cards. See: hidden link and hidden link. 'Asking price' is a select option and is not included. If I only use it with Elementor, the label is translated. See the price here: hidden link. The second problem is also with the select option in OCF. If you scroll down a bit, you will see Basic data: hidden link. All fields are translated, except the fields that use the select option in OCF, such as Sales status, VAT situation, Condition, and so on. This is made with PHP code you can see this in appendix.

Symptoms:
The select options from OCF are not translated in Gridbuilder's cards. Only the fields that use the select option in OCF are not translated.

Questions:
Why are the select options in OCF not being translated in Gridbuilder's cards?
Why are the fields that use the select option in OCF not translated, while other fields are?

June 28, 2024 at 8:11 am
June 28, 2024 at 8:16 am #15850364

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I am checking on this with our compatibility team and will get back to you soon with any news?

Regards,
Drazen

July 1, 2024 at 7:16 am #15866158

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

in order for our team to check further, we would need to try and reproduce it on new test site, to confirm this is not something specific to your website.

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML
- Install only necessary plugins.
- Try to replicate the issue with 1-2 simple example pages, do not import yours or create complex one, it can be dummy content like TEST EN TEST ES and etc
- Share with me step by step guide on what you did and how can I see it

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Thanks,
Drazen

July 2, 2024 at 10:57 am #15874512

adv-4

I've set up the test site. But I've got the same issue. The detail pages are translated but in gridbuilder (option list), I see the default language.

July 2, 2024 at 11:06 am #15874533

adv-4

What I did:

Installed this plugins:
Elementor
CPT UI
Gridbuilder
ACF

In ACF I created a new field group with just some simple textarea's and selects.

Than I created the template pages in Elementor with the dynamic fields and made in Gridbuilder the layout overview and cards.

In the cards of Gridbuilder I added the dynamic fields.

At the end I filed in all missing translations.

But the same issue happens. Detail pages (Elementor) are fine, but gridbuilder select options not. It looks like WPML can't translate that string. Although it has been translated into the back-end.

July 3, 2024 at 6:17 am #15880539

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

great, thanks for taking time and reproducing this.

I have escalated now this to our compatibility team, I will update you soon.

Regards,
Drazen