Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are experiencing an issue where strings under the English flag display text in Italian, and the translated Italian text appears under the English text. This occurs even though the default language is Italian.
Solution:
First, ensure that the language of each string is correctly set. You can manually change the language of a specific string as demonstrated in our provided screenshot. If many strings display the same incorrect language behavior, we recommend performing a bulk change to reset all affected strings back to Italian. Please ensure to back up your site before making these changes.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your current setup, please visit our known issues page and check if there's a permanent fix available for your version. Always confirm that you have the latest versions of themes and plugins installed. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to open a new support ticket on our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
July 2, 2024 at 4:01 pm #15876841

marcoM-189

Background of the issue:
I want to translate a string using WPML's string translation feature. I found the string, and you can see it in the screenshot. The site I need help with is hidden link.

Symptoms:
I see the string under the English flag but with text in Italian (the default language), and the translated Italian text appears under the English text. Most of the strings have the same behavior as shown in the screenshot.

Questions:
Why is the string under the English flag showing text in Italian?
Why is the translated Italian text appearing under the English text?
How can I fix the string translation issue?

July 2, 2024 at 4:29 pm #15877071

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for reaching us.

You can change the language of the string as shown in the attached screenshot. Could you give this a try?

Screenshot_17.png
July 2, 2024 at 4:47 pm #15877215

marcoM-189

Yes i did it and will test if now the issue is solved, one question....what about all the strings that have the same behavior? english flag and italian(default)text? because many of them are ell translated !

July 2, 2024 at 4:49 pm #15877217

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

Please backup first and then bulk change all strings back to Italian.

July 2, 2024 at 5:19 pm #15877370

marcoM-189

OK thank you ......now translation works...thank you

marcoM-189 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-02 17:19:43.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.