Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 10, 2024 at 6:33 am #15502290

istvanM

Hi, a post is being translated to one of our Translators (Vörös Nóre), She finished translation, she get 100% completre massage and "Successfully translated" message, but when I as the site administrator check this page can not publish, I see it "in progress"
This is the original Hungarian post:
hidden link

I attach a screenshot what I see in translation manager.

Could you please help me how to make this translation published?
Thanks

hetifortepan_2024-04-10 08 23 11.jpg
April 10, 2024 at 7:43 am #15502484

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

I understand the issue is a local translator completed the translation but you see the job status is still In Progress and the translation is not published in the frontend.

I suggest you cancel the job (trash icon in your screenshot), then edit the post > Make a small change to the post content > Save > Send it to the local translator again.
Refer to the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

If it persists, please go to WPML > Support > Advanced Translation Editor > Share some screenshots of recent error logs with me.

You can also enable a minimal environment as a second troubleshooting step and re-translate the post:
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 10, 2024 at 9:29 am #15503373

istvanM

Hi, Thank you for your reply.
I suppose when I cancel the translation job, the translation of this post made by the assigned Translator will be lost, I would like to avoid that.
I checked the error logs, please see the attached screenshot.

ATE_error_log2024-04-10 11 23 51.jpg
April 10, 2024 at 10:00 am #15503602

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

According to the screenshot, I don't see any job ID related to that page. If you use the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE), the translation sentences are saved to the translation memory and stored on our server so they won't be lost if you translate the same sentences next time.
You can edit the post > Click on the translation icon to open ATE and check this on your own.

If the translation content is there, then you can cancel the job and re-translate the post. Also, please enable a minimal environment as I suggested to see how it goes.

Refer documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-wpml-keeps-track-of-your-translations/

Thanks

April 10, 2024 at 12:21 pm #15504711

istvanM

Hi,
Finally I modified slightly the original post,tand then used the ATE - I recognoized, that the translation status changed from 100% to 51% - the translation of image titles, subtitles disappeared. We can m,anage the situation, but it is strange, the same appeared a few month age, when our Translator finished the translation of a post, and still we were not able to publish the translation. The same happened, some of the translation were missing, and we had to type in the translation of image titles and decriptions again )Captions). See the attached screenshot.
What can be the reason for that?
Thanks

ATE_missing_translations_captions_2024-04-10 14 19 43.jpg
April 11, 2024 at 1:12 am #15506728

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Most likely, the caption content is not translated in the Advanced Translation Editor so the translation memory doesn't recognize the translation. Please try to translate the caption, complete the translation and check if the translation post is published in the frontend.

If it does not help, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

April 12, 2024 at 2:35 am #15511161

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

The image caption is available in ATE because the option "Translate media library texts with posts" in WPML > Settings > Media Translation is enabled. I disable this option and re-translate the post, the caption is removed from ATE.

Also, after completing the translation, the translation post is in Draft mode. I switch the language to English and publish the translation post, now you can see the translation post in the frontend as well.

Refer documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#id5

Thanks

Settings ‹ Heti Fortepan — WordPress 2024-04-12 09-19-39.jpg
Advanced Translation Editor - WPML 2024-04-12 09-27-21.png
Edit Post “Four-wheeled Family Members: The Art of Posing for Photos with Cars” ‹ Weekly Fortepan — WordPress 2024-04-12 09-28-11.png

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation completed but reported as "in progress"’ is closed to new replies.