Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When editing a product in English and saving the changes, the Serbian translation does not pull the English translations from the ACF fields

Solution:

Since the default language of the website is Serbian (SR), editing the English version of the product directly can interfere with the Advanced Translation Editor. To resolve the issue, follow these steps:

- Go to the edit screen of the product in Serbian (SR) language.
- Make a change, such as modifying the title, and click "Update."
- Access the Advanced Translation Editor and ensure that the translation is 100% complete.

By following these steps, the issue should be fixed. However, please note that the edits made in the English version will be lost.

Remember, manual translation and Advanced Translation Editor are separate tools, and you cannot mix and match them. Choose one method and stick with it for each product.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tonyM-8 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
May 17, 2023 at 7:36 am #13661413

tonyM-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?
If i edit product in english by going to products, edit product and i edit english product and save those changes. When i go to products in serbian and i click on edit english translation it will pull data from acf fields in serbian on the left and on the right it will also be serbian, without pulling english translations from acf fields that i have already made via edit product.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 09.34.15.png
May 17, 2023 at 2:14 pm #13665089

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

As the default language of your website is SR, I assume that the products are created in SR language.

If that is the case you can not go to the English edit page of the product and do changes as it will interfere with the process of the Advanced Translation Editor.

Please do as follows:

- Go to the SR edit screen of the product and change something for example title and click update.
- Go to the Advanced Translation Editor and make sure that the translation is 100% complete.

That should fix the issue and you will lose the edits you have done in the English version.

Now if you want to have access to the edit screen of the product you need to turn off Advanced Translation Editor and do a manual translation for that product:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Consider the manual translation and Advanced Translation Editor two separate tools, you can not mix and match them. YTou need to decide which method to use and stick with it for each product.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.