Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 5, 2024 at 10:16 am #15265262

daanV-5

I am trying to: We have a Woocommerce with multiple categories. The SEO title is on random moments changed to some title of another language. After we save the category the wp_title is right. We don't need to change something on the page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Always see the right language in the wp_title

Instead, I got: Sometimes the wrong language

February 5, 2024 at 2:08 pm #15266510

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I'll help you get started while a supporter takes your case.

1) WPML needs a minimum of 128MB of memory to work correctly and it seems you are not meeting this requirement.

Kindly add this code into your wp-config.php file, right after the database information:

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define ('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

This is super important because you are not only not meeting the minimum requirements of WPML or WooCommerce but you are also using way more memory than you have allowed which means that some changes will probably not be saved correctly.

2) You mention the category here, but what does the category have to do with the meta title? maybe that could be a clue here. Is the meta title replaces with the original language of the page or with another language?

3) Please update WPML to its latest version, as seen here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Try it out and let us know how it goes.

February 6, 2024 at 8:59 am #15269532

daanV-5

Thanks for your response.

I've changed the limits to the wp-config file.
I've updated the plugins to the latest version.

If you visit the next link, you can see the SEO title Taxus Media Hillii acheter.
hidden link

But in the added screenshot you can see the value that is filled in. This is not the right value.

screenshot-yoast.png
February 6, 2024 at 10:18 pm #15274021

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi,

I was able to see the different titles when visiting the page.

Is this something that you could reproduce on demand or does it happen randomly?

Please update WPML and its add-ons to their latest versions, and let me know if this helps.
https://wpml.org/downloads/

February 7, 2024 at 8:45 am #15275160

daanV-5

Hi,

Like i said in my previous message, I've updated WPML and its add-ons to the latest version.
It is randomly. I can't reprodcute this. But if we save the dutch version of the category (without doing any changes) the problem is fixed. A few day(s) later the problem is coming back.

February 7, 2024 at 7:39 pm #15278838

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the clarification, has this happened again after you updated the plugins?

As it is not a known issue and we have not had any other reports with a similar case, this is not easy for our team to test quickly.

Please let me know if the issue has happened again with the new versions of WPML as that would further help us

I have also enabled the private field reply, so we can take a further look into this.
Please ensure that you have a recent working backup before providing us with access.

February 15, 2024 at 10:52 am #15306458

daanV-5

Hi,

As an extra addition, today it goes wrong again at the following URL hidden link

Hope to hear soon from you.

February 19, 2024 at 7:19 am #15316043

daanV-5

I have added the IP address, can you try again to see if you can log in now?

February 20, 2024 at 6:25 pm #15324434

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you, it works now. Checking and will update you shortly

February 21, 2024 at 7:06 pm #15330079

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

All my tests have been performed with the following taxonomy in mind.

Go to hidden link

the title is set to Hulst Blue Prince kopen? Ilex Meserveae Blue Prince | HaagEnzo.nl

But in the front end, the title is showing Hulst Blue Prince acheter ? - HaagEnzo

I have tested with WPML deactivated and can verify that the issue remains and might not be caused by our plugin, which makes me believe this might be related to either LiteSpeed cache or server caching.

Are you able to test with both LiteSpeed and server caching deactivated temporarily?

Also, please upgrade the Yoast plugin to the latest version before testing again.

Unforutnately as I am not able to reproduce this behavior with exact steps it becomes more complex to resolve such an issue.

February 26, 2024 at 3:00 pm #15344963

daanV-5

Hi,

We tested this by turning off Litespeed and also turning off server caching. We then reset a product and continued to check it.

However, we see that something changes automatically in the database. Below you can see the database rule if it goes right and if it goes wrong.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 15.58.34.png
February 27, 2024 at 11:58 pm #15351646

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the additional information,

I escalated this thread to our 2nd tier support and they will take a look at this issue.

You will be notified as soon as new information is available.

In the meantime please leave hidden link as is so our team can see the issue.

Thank you,
Bobby

March 4, 2024 at 8:55 pm #15372153

daanV-5

Hi,

Do you have some update for me?

March 5, 2024 at 7:00 pm #15376199

Bobby
Supporter

Hi,

I have followed up with our team regarding this, unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce this behavior.

If possible please consider using an activity monitor plugin perhaps, as it might log the issue when it happens.

Or try to reproduce and provide us with the steps, sometimes different kinds of workflows can create this.

March 5, 2024 at 7:40 pm #15376352

daanV-5

Do you have some suggestion for a activity monitor plugin?
The problem is also at the following page: hidden link

There are no steps to reproduce this. This happens automatically.

The topic ‘[Closed] Meta title changes randomly to translated version’ is closed to new replies.