Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
All translated pages have disappeared except for the original English page, and a PHP warning related to 'preg_replace()' and 'Unknown modifier' appears in the error log.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend you try the following steps:
1. Go to WPML > String Translation.
2. Search for

wc/file/transient

3. If it appears in the results under the "WP Endpoints" Domain, translate it by clicking the "+" icon and use the original value, which is

wc/file/transient

, for the translation.
4. If you find more strings with a slash (/), repeat the process, ensuring the translated value matches the original.
After completing these steps, please check if the error still shows up in the Error log.

If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, either because it's outdated or it doesn't apply to your situation, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
February 27, 2024 at 8:31 am #15347570

summerw

All of my already-translated pages have disappeared, regardless of language, except for the original English page.

hidden link this is a new test page and hidden link is gone.

February 27, 2024 at 9:24 am #15347982

summerw

[27-Feb-2024 09:21:49 UTC] PHP Warning: preg_replace(): Unknown modifier 'f' in /home/hiitioco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php on line 142

微信图片_20240227172208.png
February 27, 2024 at 12:21 pm #15349018

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand that you're having some issues accessing the translated page. Upon reviewing the Test page you provided, I found that the Chinese version of that page displays a 404 message. However, after examining other pages available in the Chinese version, I noticed that they function correctly. For instance, this page: [hidden link;. I've confirmed that switching between English and other languages on this page works smoothly, and the other language versions display properly on the front end. If you're not seeing the same, please clear the caches from your site and browser and test again.

The Chinese version of the "Test" page you shared may have been deleted somehow, resulting in the 404 error. To investigate further, please switch to the Chinese language using the Language switcher on the Topbar of the Admin in wp-admin. Then, navigate to the Pages section and proceed to the "Trash" section. Check if any Chinese pages have been deleted and if you find any, restore them. You should be able to access the Chinese version of the page after restoring.

If there are pages in other languages that also show the same, please restore the page in the same way and check again.

Please let me know if the information above helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 28, 2024 at 12:49 am #15351695

summerw

Our tech changed the code in the screenshot above to display properly, but this change will be overwritten in the next plugin update. Have any of your other customers reported this issue recently?

February 28, 2024 at 5:55 am #15351842

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Thank you for the update.

We haven't had any reports of this error before, but our development team identified the issue through testing. In WooCommerce 8.6, a new endpoint has been added which was mainly causing the issue. However, the issue is now in our development pipeline and our developers actively working on a fix. Hopefully, the issue will be fixed soon and integrated into the core of the WPML Plugin.

I'll keep you updated with any progress from our developer. In the meantime, if the fix your developer implemented is working, please feel free to continue using it.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If there is anything else if you need help with, feel free to let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

March 6, 2024 at 7:00 am #15377158

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well.

After delving deeper into the matter, our team has identified a potential workaround for the issue. Could you kindly try the suggested solution below and let us know if it assists in resolving the problem?

- Navigate to "WPML > String Translation".
- Search for "wc/file/transient".
- If it shows up in the results and is listed under the "WP Endpoints" Domain, proceed to translate it by selecting the "+" icon. For the translation, use the original value, which is "wc/file/transient".
- If you encounter additional strings containing a slash (/), apply the same procedure, ensuring the translated value is the same as the original.

Once you've implemented these changes, kindly verify whether the error persists in the Error log.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.