Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing an issue where product categories were showing duplicate products in different languages, alternating between German (DE) and English (EN), despite not being new products and having worked correctly for many years.

Solution:
We identified that the issue might be due to a conflict with cache settings, specifically involving the Redis cache and the Breeze plugin with Varnish cache configured. We recommended the following steps:
1. Disable the Redis cache or configure it properly.
2. Disable the Varnish cache or configure it properly.
As a workaround, we suggested changing the Product Category slug for the German version from

ktm-250-exc

to

ktm-250-exc-de

and then clearing the caches to see if the issue persists.

If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, because it might be outdated or not applicable, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue still exists, please open a new support ticket at our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zakW 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 8, 2024 at 12:19 pm #15388955

zakW

Hello,

We have created staging sites and clones and the problem does not transfer over to the clones.
The problem is only on the live website. We can do work on the live website as long as we agree a timeframe with the client

--
Thanks

March 8, 2024 at 3:19 pm #15390031

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please fill in the private details fields after a full site backup{mandatory}. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Also, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server. So we can troubleshoot the bug without affecting your live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 11, 2024 at 11:55 am #15394765

zakW

Hi Bigul,

When cloning the website the duplication problem is not being duplicated so we are going to create a fresh clone of the website tomorrow and will make the clone the new live website.

We are going to keep the version with the problem live so we can work together in a solution for this. I will create a dev account for you guys to perform any test you need.

I believe this is the safest option we have at the moment and the best option without affecting the client any further.

--
Thanks

March 11, 2024 at 1:57 pm #15395749

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We will wait for your response. Please note, I am enabling the private option for the next reply.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 12, 2024 at 3:37 pm #15400404

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. I made a copy of the site using Duplicator for further debugging. A couple of doubts for a tracking this tricky bug.

1) Please let us know the exact steps you have done for the following action.

When I change the domain of the clone to the pro-carbon domain the problem appears.

2) Have you marked the staging sites as copy of live like recommended in the following article

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/using-advanced-translation-editor-when-you-move-or-use-a-copy-of-your-site/#using-a-copy-of-your-site

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 13, 2024 at 8:54 am #15402528

zakW

Hi Bigul

1) The steps that I took to change the domain were.

After creating the clone of the website I deleted from the old version the domain records and on the clone version I added the domain records on it. The domain records are as follows:

hidden link - Primary
pro-carbonracing.co.uk - Alias
hidden link - Alias
pro-carbonracing.com - Alias

The old website now without those 4 records has no problem and the clone website (now the new live website) has problems. Before adding the records the problem was not showing.

2) yes we have

Have you been able to replicate the problem in your staging local site?

--
Thanks
Ruben

March 13, 2024 at 11:42 am #15403469

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for the details. I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly in my local copy. So the bug happened in the new clone just after you have changed the DNS records from the hosting control panel, am I correct?

Which hosting service & plan you are currently using? Please share more details on this.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 13, 2024 at 1:06 pm #15404078

zakW

Hi Bigul,

Sorry if I explained this incorrectly.
The problem only happened when I changed the domain information from the original site to the cloned version. Both websites are in the same private server so no need to change any DNS information just changing the domain name to go from one application to another.

I added a screenshot of the domain records I am talking about

We have the website hosted with Cloudways on 4GB of RAM. We have no details on the processor.

--
Thanks

Ruben

pro carbon domian.png
March 14, 2024 at 5:56 am #15406310

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for the feedback. I am consulting with our team for an expert opinion on this. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 14, 2024 at 12:45 pm #15409957

zakW

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for the response. I will wait for your feedback

--
Thanks
Ruben

March 16, 2024 at 5:16 pm #15417187

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ruben,

The ticket is forwarded to our second-tier team for further checking. The result is the same when we change the translation preference of Product Categories to *Translatable only show translated items* from *Translatable use translation if available or fallback to default language*, from WPML>>Settings>>Taxonomies Translation.

One request. Please upgrade to the latest version of plugins including WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the issue exists or not.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2024 at 3:06 pm #15422122

zakW

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for the update. I'm updating the website plugins tomorrow and will let you know if the problem still exists or not.

--
Thanks
Ruben

March 19, 2024 at 8:48 am #15424641

zakW

Hi,

I have updated all plugins including WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual and the error still exists.

I did clear the cache after doing the updates and nothing changed.

--
Thanks
Ruben

March 19, 2024 at 2:42 pm #15426952

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following steps after a full site backup{mandatory} and check whether there is any difference in the result.

1) Visit hidden link
2) Clear all types of transients
3) Click on Term counts>>Recount terms button
4) Switch to the secondary languages via the dashboard language switcher(of top header)
5) Click on Term counts>>Recount terms button again for each language
6) Then try the WPML Troubleshooting steps we have suggested in the following threads

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/category-shows-double-products-in-different-languages/#post-15354878

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/category-shows-double-products-in-different-languages/#post-15374738

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 21, 2024 at 10:54 am #15435641

zakW

Hi Bigul,

I have done the work you requested but the problem still exists.

You do have login details so if you think it's worth you doing any work let me know in advance so I can backup the website and setup maintenance mode. Just please let me know.

Can you think about any other thing we can do to fix this?

--
Thanks
Ruben

zakW confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-28 09:29:47.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.