Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're looking to change your WPML subscription level, for example from an Agency to a CMS account.
Solution:
We recommend allowing your current Agency subscription to expire. After that, you can purchase a new CMS account, as we do not offer downgrade plans. Ensure to cancel the automatic renewal of your current subscription. To switch to manual renewal, please follow the steps in our documentation:

If this solution doesn't seem relevant to your situation, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paola Mendiburu 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Paola Mendiburu.

Author Posts
November 22, 2023 at 11:43 am #14897243
November 22, 2023 at 11:56 am #14897289

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there!

It seems there was a problem with the chat.

Could you please give me more details about what you want to do?

November 22, 2023 at 11:58 am #14897299

andrea

hello,

Our plan is about to renew and we would like to change our plan from Multilingual Agency to Multilingual CMS. I didn't see a way to do that within the account settings. How can we do that?

thank you

November 22, 2023 at 12:12 pm #14897379

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

You will have to let your current Agency expire and then purchase a new CMS account. I am afraid we don't have any downgrade plans.
https://wpml.org/purchase/

Make sure to cancel the automatic renew. Please follow this documentation to change to manual renewal:
https://wpml.org/purchase/wpml-renewal/

November 22, 2023 at 2:52 pm #14899533

andrea

Do I have to reinstall the license on my two active websites now? Because if I don't renew everything will be cut off? what will happen? Can you give me more details on the steps to follow?

November 23, 2023 at 9:37 am #14905627

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Hi there!

No action is required on your part. Simply purchase a Multilingual CMS account once the renewal day has passed. Your website will remain unaffected, as the keys are essential for accessing automatic updates.

November 23, 2023 at 9:56 am #14906045

andrea

OK, so to sum up:
1) I stop my automatic renewal for my Multilingual Agency package
2) I buy the Multilingual CMS package when my Multilingual Agency package expires
3) my sites will not be affected and I have nothing more to do

November 23, 2023 at 10:01 am #14906083

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Perfect!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.