Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 11, 2023 at 11:37 am #13444905

fredrikA-6

When the customers browse our site from the USA they get the price in $ but after adding a product to the cart the price automatically converts to SEK (Our default) and the price in both the Cart and checkout pages are not matching the customer's location.

IMG_2898.PNG
April 11, 2023 at 12:29 pm #13445735

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

I tried to replicate your issue with VPN from USA and I was not able to see anything wrong. I tried to reach the final step on the checkout page. I am sharing also a screenshot.

I cannot see anything wrong. May I ask you to share more details on how to replicate the issue?

Regards,
Andreas

USD.png
April 11, 2023 at 12:46 pm #13445963

fredrikA-6

using the VPN it seems to work but one customer from the USA, that lives in Texas City, Texas. With postal code 77590. sent us the screenshot and couldn't continue the purchase and I tried using this site hidden link and we have the same issue

April 11, 2023 at 1:08 pm #13446129

Andreas

Thank you for your reply.

My apologies I am not aware of how hidden link is working and we cannot rely on this. Yes I saw from USD turned into EUR , but we need real steps to find any complications they might exists.

Also, the report you are giving me about the customer in Texas is not helping to replicate the issue and see if we are having indeed a problem or not. Do you

Also, the most interesting thing is that you are saying at the beginning the currency is correct but then at the checkout is not.

Let's try a trick :

Please disable sync cart feature :

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/clearing-cart-contents-when-language-or-currency-change/

And ask your customer to try again. Theoretically if the currency change then the cart should be empty. Do we have the same results or not.

Also, do you have another customer from USA to help with doing some tests and share the results?

Regards,
Andreas

April 24, 2023 at 11:36 am #13526595

fredrikA-6

I tried to disable the sync cart feature but it's still working for some customers and others not however in the documentation I should enter the location API but the WPML setting page I have, doesn't have that field as you can see in the screenshot
Also how can we add 3.5% transaction fee after the auto-exchange rate

API.png
April 24, 2023 at 11:41 am #13526675

Andreas

Thank you for your reply.

Please visit : hidden link and find the Max Mind field.

Follow the instructions there :

https://woocommerce.com/document/maxmind-geolocation-integration/

Regards,
Andreas

April 25, 2023 at 8:04 am #13531377

fredrikA-6

Hello Andreas,

I added the MaxMind license key and added this shortcode [currency_switcher] to this product as a test hidden link but currency switcher doesn't appear

April 25, 2023 at 8:36 am #13531679

Andreas

Thank you for your efforts.

Your site is in Maintenance mode so I cannot check it.

Would you be willing to provide me with WordPress credentials so I could investigate the issue directly?

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

Regards,
Andreas

April 25, 2023 at 9:38 am #13532165

Andreas

Thank you I am in.

May I ask you where exactly and how you added the shortcode of the currency switcher?

Regards,
Andreas

April 25, 2023 at 11:06 am #13532651

fredrikA-6

hello,
I wanted to add it under the price in single products and in the menu but for testing I added it manually to this product
hidden link

Screenshot 2023-04-25 130521.png
April 25, 2023 at 11:24 am #13532709

Andreas

Thank you very much.

First of all it is normal that there is no currency swither since you set one currency per country. If you swithe to site location the currency swither is normal there.

Also in order to work, the maintenance mode should be close , otherwise there is not way to test it.

With the help of VPN I close the maintenance and test a few countries based on your settings and it is working as expected.

Of course, I switched on again the maintenance mode.

Regards,
Andreas

April 26, 2023 at 7:32 am #13538395

fredrikA-6

I tried using MullvadVPN and the currency didn't switch, and when asking friends in different countries to test the site, for some it worked and for others it's only shows in Swedish.
to avoid this issue, is there a way to show the currency switcher despite the auto switch?

April 26, 2023 at 8:50 am #13539153

Andreas

Thank you

Client Location is supposed to set currency automatically to users. Maybe you can use the site language option and set the default currency per language and also the user can have the ability to change it if he wishes.

Regards,
Andreas

April 26, 2023 at 12:47 pm #13541283

fredrikA-6

I understand your point but it's not what I mean.
I know that the client Location is supposed to set currency automatically to users but it doesn't work with all our customers so I would like to add an exchange drop down in case the customer doesn't wanna buy with their location currency or if the exchange doesn't work automatically
another important question lease, if I would like to add 3.5% on the exchange rate do I just write 3.5 in the Lifting charge field or do I put 5?

April 28, 2023 at 10:46 am #13556813

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

my name is Marcel and I will take over your ticket as my colleague Andreas is unavailable today.

Please clarify exactly what you need, as if it's not working with all the customers, we cannot influence that. So you are considering adding an additional option to select, but what do you want the customers to choose from there?

if I would like to add 3.5% on the exchange rate

Do you mean to add an additional percentage to the exchange rate calculation? As the field only allows you to add the exchange rate as value in another currency. Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

Thank You!

Best Regards
Marcel

The topic ‘[Closed] currencies switch autmatically in the cart anc checkout pages’ is closed to new replies.