Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 1, 2023 at 3:50 pm #12940091

David hauptschein

Dear support,

here is the page I want to translate in English : hidden link

But within the english version there are some section that I have to delete in the page like this one for example : hidden link

Could you tell me how to acess to the builder page in English while I did not finish 100% of the translation ?

February 1, 2023 at 4:07 pm #12940665

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

If you already started the translation with one of our translation editors, it needs to be published first so that you can find it in the secondary language.

If you did not start to translate it yet, you can use the manual translation method:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

If you already started, you need to first finish it.

After that, in the backend of the site, switch the language at the top to the one in which you have created the translation and that you want to edit.

Then go to pages/posts, find the page, hover over it and select "EDIT" and edit it with your editor of choice.

Warning: It is not recommended that you use that editor of choice and our translation editor at the same time.

It is best that, if you need to hide specific areas or have a different layout for the translation, use the manual translation method from the very beginning so that you won't experience issues.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

February 1, 2023 at 5:09 pm #12941089

David hauptschein

Thanks for your reply, my issue is that I have translated only 89% of the page because the 11% will be deleted in the englsh version. And it seems that if I don't translate 100% of the fields the page is not accessible in english :

Status of translation :
hidden link

Status of the page : hidden link

In english part it is not accessible : hidden link

Thanks for your help

February 1, 2023 at 5:22 pm #12941111

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

That is correct.

You have to get to 100% so that you can correctly publish the translation.

The translation can't be published if it is not 100% done

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.