Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.95 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by basv-25 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
May 20, 2023 at 10:24 am #13682691

basv-25

Hi there, how can I duplicate PRODUCTS from my secondary languages?

Default language is English. Secondary language is de-DE. New secondary language is de-CH.

This thread seems to know the answer but the thread that is linked (with the answer) to is deleted.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicate-secondary-content/

Thank you,

May 21, 2023 at 8:18 am #13683937

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. The thread should be available now:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/copy-duplicate-products-from-secondary-language-to-third-language/#post-8153713

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance.

Thank you

May 21, 2023 at 2:47 pm #13685005

basv-25

Hi Noman,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The issue in the thread is exactly what I want to reach. From secondary language DE make a duplicate to de-CH

I've followed the steps in the thread identically. See print screens. But when I do this it says "successfully duplicated content". But it appears as being "translated" instead of "duplicated".

I want it to be "duplicated" so it stays maintained / updated by wpml.

Thank you for your help!

ps I've added the debug info.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-21 om 16.37.55.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-21 om 16.37.28.png
May 22, 2023 at 8:36 am #13687321

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for sharing the debug info, and it seems fine. Could you please follow the below steps to isolate the cause of this issue:

1- Please take a complete backup of your site first for safety reasons
2- Deactivate all plugins except WPML and WooCommerce.
3- Deactivate your current child theme and activate the default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One.
4- Please try to duplicate the products again.
5- If the issue is gone, activate each plugin one by one to see which one causing this issue.
6- If still an issue persists in the minimal environment, could you please try to reproduce the issue at the fresh WP site here: hidden link

Please set up a WPML as you did on your site, activate only the WPML and WooCommerce plugins, and set it up the same way on your website. In this way, we can check if this is a compatibility issue with this particular language.

Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to set up an entire website or clone your existing site. You can see more details here: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-reproduce-issues-and-share-them-with-wpml-support/

Please let me know the results.

Thank you

May 22, 2023 at 9:28 am #13687699

basv-25

Hi Noman,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I setup a staging area and after some testing all works fine except when I enable one of the following (or both) plugins:
- YOAST SEO PREMIUM
- YOAST SEO WOOCOMMERCE

When I enable the staging with just:
- WPML
- WOOCOMMERCE
- YOAST
- YOAST SEO PREMIUM
- YOAST SEO WOOCOMMERCE

The problem persists. So in my eyes the problem is within a combination of the premium Yoast plugins + WPML.

Thanks so much for your help!

ps I'm out of office till next Wednesday, on Wednesday I can proceed with this.

Thanks so much!

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-22 om 11.22.43.png
May 22, 2023 at 3:45 pm #13692459

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for checking the issue in the minimal environment and isolating the cause of this issue. Apparently, this is a compatibility conflict with the extensions. When we spot a compatibility conflict, we need to reproduce it on one of our clean installs in order to escalate it to our compatibility team.

So, please try to reproduce the issue at the fresh WP site here when you are available: hidden link

And let me know the steps that you have followed to replicate it.

Thank you for your cooperation

May 24, 2023 at 9:34 am #13705411

basv-25

Hi Noman,

I'm not able to replicate the issue. I installed both Yoast plugins + WPML + Woocommerce but here the duplication works fine now. Please advice, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.