Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
October 29, 2022 at 12:39 pm #12335907

bergmans23

I have a problem with www.russian-socks.com
The primary language is Dutch, but in several cases, such as the products, orders or reviews automatically open in English.
So, I open the order overview page, click an order to process that and when I click on one of the products in that order, I get the product in English.
Same happens when a client receives an order confirmation email or an invitation to review a product. The click in that DUTCH email leads to the English version of the product.
Hope you can help.
Thanks
Bye
Ward

November 1, 2022 at 10:40 am #12348147

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Welcome to WPML Support.

From the description of your issue, it looks like the issue is related to the synchronization of the cart when the user/customer changes the language on the site. If you haven't already done so please review the following document and make sure the Cart options at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual page at the Settings tab is set up properly and all products are translated to the secondary languages.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/clearing-cart-contents-when-language-or-currency-change/#cart-options

If you still have the issue I will need to take a closer look into the issue, please backup the site to prevent any issues then share the site access credentials (WP-Admin and FTP) , preferably to a test/staging site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Also please let me know the exact steps, once I am logged in on the site, to check the issue in the previous orders.

Regards,
Subash

November 1, 2022 at 2:48 pm #12349271

bergmans23

Hi Subash,

Sorry, but I'm already communicating with Alejandro about this issue. Don't quite know what's going wrong here...
Are you taking over this ticket?
Bye
Ward

November 1, 2022 at 3:49 pm #12349509

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Ward,

Sorry for the confusion!

I am not taking over the issue, I now see the same issue is being handled by Alejandro on a different ticket linked next:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/in-several-cases-some-content-opens-in-the-secondary-language/

Since the issue is already being handled on the other ticket, please mark this ticket as resolved/closed and continue troubleshooting the issue on the other ticket.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.