Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
December 16, 2023 at 12:16 pm #15077257

De Paep

Hi,

After upgrading to WPML 4.6.8, my site broke down. I received a message from my WP admin saying there was something wrong with WPML.

Sorry, the mesage is in Dutch. Hope this helps. Cannot give you debug information or show you anything because I restored a backup.

WordPress versie 6.4.2
Actief thema: Divi Child (versie 1.0.0)
Huidige plugin: WPML Multilingual CMS (versie 4.6.8)
PHP versie 8.1.24

Error details
===========
Een fout van het type E_ERROR werd veroorzaakt op regelnummer 26 van het bestand /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/wpml-posts-listing-page.class.php. Foutmelding: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/wpml-posts-listing-page.class.php:26
Stack trace:
#0 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): WPML_Posts_Listing_Page->pre_populate_caches()
#1 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#2 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(565): WP_Hook->do_action()
#3 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php(830): do_action_ref_array()
#4 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php(1336): WP->main()
#5 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-admin/includes/post.php(1291): wp()
#6 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php(165): wp_edit_posts_query()
#7 /home/u80458p84316/domains/atrofit.eu/public_html/wp-admin/edit.php(235): WP_Posts_List_Table->prepare_items()
#8 {main}
thrown

December 18, 2023 at 5:13 pm #15086489

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

I'll help you get started while a supporter takes your case.

Could you try downgrading your PHP version to 7.4 or 8.0 (the more stable ones according to WordPress: https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/references/php-compatibility-and-wordpress-versions/ ) and see if the problem disappears?

----------

If it doesn't, then could you please check if there are any warnings or errors in the debug.log: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Try to recreate the issue (maybe deactivate and reactivate WPML) after adding the code from the link to your wp-config.php file, and then go to the "wp-content" folder in your WordPress installation.

If there were any issues on the site, a file called "debug.log" will appear. If you find it, please upload it to your preferred storage platform (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link to me in your reply (make sure it's shared with the right permissions so I can access its content).

I'll take a look at the file and determine the next steps.

-------------

Lastly in order to provide better support, we'd greatly appreciate if you could send us the WPML debug information?
You can follow this guide to find it: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I have enabled the correct field for it found on your next reply.

Regards,

December 19, 2023 at 11:14 pm #15096895

De Paep

Hi Alejandro,

I downgraded to PHP 8.0 and updated WPML to 4.6.8 again. So far, so good.

I enabled debugging. If I notice any bug, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Regards.

De Paep confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-19 23:14:12.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.