Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 12, 2023 at 10:40 am

lydiaB-2

Our website is in 3 languages (Dutch, English and Spanish). Our main language is Dutch. Now, all languages appear in English.

I have cleared all transients and cache, but that did not do the trick.

June 12, 2023 at 12:06 pm
June 12, 2023 at 12:20 pm #13809545

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

We agreed you restore the site from a backup and check. If you need further help with this issue, please reply to this ticket, and one of our supporters will continue to help you.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 13, 2023 at 11:45 am #13816721

lydiaB-2

UPDATE

The issue is still not resolved, but at least now I know the action that caused it.

I have set back a backup and all was back again as it was.

Working with the Elementor templates again, did not cause any trouble. I again made a back up to make sure that my work did not get lost again.

After that I have been working with the theme widgets in the header. That does give some trouble on the product pages and on the header. As now instead of Dutch, the Spanish language shows on some parts in the header and on the product page.

Also, when I ran the wpml translate link targets (wpml -> settings -> wpml translate link targets) it immediately brought up the same issue as we tried to solve yesterda. So, the homepage was back in English instead of Dutch.

Our theme is Wolmart (D-Themes).

I can imagine it is a theme compatibility, but I do not know how to solve this.

For your information: After I ran the WPML Translate Link Targets and saw the English text on our Dutch homepage, I have again set back the back up as our site is live and it does not look right in English.

So.. if you have any bright ideas on how to solve this I am open for any suggestion!

June 14, 2023 at 7:24 am #13822073

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'm Osama from WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Please let me know if you have a staging site where we can debug the issue further.
If you can't create one, please let me know, and I'll create one on our test server.

Also, please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps.

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS, String Translation, WooCommerce, and WooCommerce Multilingual.
2- Switch for a moment to your parent theme.

If the issue is gone, activate them one by one to see which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor – content in the second language shows in the default language’ is closed to new replies.