Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
March 16, 2023 at 2:12 pm #13260421

henrikL-12

The situation is, that we have customers from the same country (Denmark in this case), where some of the users want to see the Webshop in Danish and some in English.
But the currency must always be DKR, no matter which language they're using.
The users are always B2B logged in users, so we have full information and control over the accounts.
And the other way around - An english customer with danish employes, can see the webshop in danish, but the currency is forced to Euro.
Can I force the currency so it will allways show DKR, no matter the language they choose for the Webshop itself (swicth by changing the WPML flag) ?

March 16, 2023 at 5:17 pm #13262871

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be glad to help you.

This can be set in the Multicurrency settings. Please go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Currencies section, and set the "Currency displayed first" option to DKK for all languages.

Please see how it works here: hidden link

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

Screenshot_1007.jpg
March 20, 2023 at 8:49 am #13281475

henrikL-12

Hi Mohammed.

I’m afraid that it’s more complicated than that. And maybe it isn’t possible at all…

The scenario is:
1) A costumer is created with Danish as the user language.
2) Then the user is opening the Danish Webshop and the the currency in DKK
3) If the customer switches to the English language the currency stays the same, as you suggest. So far so good.
4) But the same must happen vice versa. An English customer shall see Euro, both in the Danish and English part of the Webshop.
5) And it must not be possible to shift the currency manually.

In real life:
My customer has big Danish customers, where some users prefer the Danish Language and some prefer the English (Siemens Wind Power for example). But the company is in Denmark, so all orders must be in DKK.

So it’s rather complicated.

March 20, 2023 at 3:51 pm #13286159

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your explanation. This is not possible as you're trying to force display one currency for all languages based on the user's profile language. At the moment, you can only configure the currencies based on the front-end language or your customer’s location. Please check here for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#configuring-currencies

What you're trying to achieve might require custom programming work, but I'm afraid it's beyond the scope of our support.

At this point, I would suggest you consider contacting a professional developer who can help you to accomplish this requirement as per your needs. You can also check our certified contractors from this link: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.