Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 20, 2024 at 1:23 pm #15431682

captenC

My Google Search Console indicates that many pages of my website are not indexed. When I look at the stats, I see 300+ pages are not indexed. I see that all the FR pages are not indexed, and I do not understand why.

The previous ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/french-pages-are-not-indexed-in-google-search-console/

March 20, 2024 at 2:03 pm #15431890

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
My name is Carlos and I will continue working on this ticket.

The Yoast SEO plugins create a sitemap that you can upload to the Google Search Console to indicate to Google what to index. That sitemap will include the URLs in all languages thanks to the WPML SEO plugin installed on your site too.

Please re-send the sitemap to Google and wait until it gets indexed correctly.

Regards,
Carlos

March 20, 2024 at 2:09 pm #15432024

captenC

Hi Carlos,

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the sitemap has already been submitted. That said, Google is not indexing the FR pages for an unknown reason.

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 10.09.22 AM.png
March 20, 2024 at 2:17 pm #15432113

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Thank you for your message.

If the Browser redirection was disabled and the sitemap sent to Google, then you should contact Google support service and ask them why the URLs in FR on your site are not being indexed.

March 20, 2024 at 2:36 pm #15432281

captenC

There is no way to contact them. is there not other solutions to try out?

March 20, 2024 at 2:38 pm #15432282

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

You can check if the issue persists in a minimal setup (just WPML plugins installed and a default WordPress theme) but that shouldn't provide any beneficial result, because the issue is on Google's side.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.