Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 14, 2023 at 6:57 pm #14399357

Jesse

Once every couple of days, my htaccess file gets rewritten and adds language folder /en to lines 211 and 218 of the image i joined, I found this post on your site and this seems to be the same thing: https://wpml.org/errata/htaccess-is-rewritten-with-language-folder/.

Is this answer still relevant? I know there's a code i can paste that is supposed to be a workaround, but i can't recreate the bug where it gets rewritten so i don't know how to deduce if the code on that page is working. It always happend when we are working on the backend of the site, that much I can say. Can you help me figure this out?

If possible, can you answer to julien@bang-bangmarketing.com

Thank you.

Julien Lavoie-Leblanc
Bang Marketing

prevost-htaccess.png
September 17, 2023 at 3:55 am #14407339

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Julian,

The problem actually comes from certain third-party plugins calling flush_rewrite_rules(true) function too often.

This means it is kind of hard to recreate and also not directly caused by WPML.

Please add the code from our Errata at the bottom of the functions.php file of your theme.

It should then prevent the issue from occurring again, but you will need to leave the code inside the file in order to take effect.

Best regards
Andreas

September 19, 2023 at 1:21 pm #14419863

Jesse

I put that code in my functions.php. I will wait a couple days before setting this ticket in "resolved". Thank you.

September 19, 2023 at 4:39 pm #14422623

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Julian,

Thank you very much for your message.

The ticket should remain open for a few more days and close automatically if we do not receive any further answer from you.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.