Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by mkt@uprtek 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
August 17, 2023 at 12:22 pm #14245767

akramB-3

I am getting an error in my site

August 18, 2023 at 8:39 am #14250831

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Firstly, To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. You can find it in WPML > Support > click on the “Debug information” link. Please check this link for more info: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Now regarding the issue, Can you please check if the following erratum helps with the issue:

https://wpml.org/errata/persistent-warning-this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location/

If the issue persists, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So would you please mind sharing temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site? Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

I have enabled a private reply for you to share the credentials securely, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site first to avoid data loss.

Regards,
Subash

August 21, 2023 at 4:14 pm #14265865

Subash Chandra Poudel

Thank you for the details.

Can you please try the following and see if it helps:

- Login to the site hidden link and click on the link "indicate that this site should be at hidden link." link. then click on "Yes - move back here" button.

- Now Login to the site hidden link if you still need this site and select "This is a copy of ...." button there.

August 22, 2023 at 2:17 pm #14272151

akramB-3

Hi, I have some questions before doing the solution you said. Can you please tell me what if anything breaks in hidden link by doing changes you said in hidden link?
can you please tell me what changes will be done in both sites by applying the changes?
I have checked everything including registered key is different in both sites then why it is showing the warning?
Is there any way, any manually steps to fix the issue? by database or anything?
Thank you.

August 23, 2023 at 12:03 am #14274023

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

First of all the issue seems to be caused because on your site hidden link you seem to have selected the option "I have moved the site to this new URL" which is not recommended when the original/copy site is still there and should only be selected if the original/clone site no longer exists.

So now, if you select "Yes - move back here" button on the site hidden link. Then on the site, hidden link select "This is a copy of my original site", the issue should be resolved. This will not change anything on the site regarding the translations or pages however this will set a proper reference on what site is copied and what is the original site on our ATE's end. However to make sure to prevent any unforeseen issues I recommend you to backup both sites before proceeding.

It might be possible to fix this by removing certain entries from the site's WPML database tables but this might cause further issues and is not recommended.

Regards,
Subash

August 23, 2023 at 2:12 pm #14278909

akramB-3

Hello, what if I choose copy option on hidden link site?Can you please tell me if it works like that? Thank you.

August 23, 2023 at 4:47 pm #14279767

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Since the site was originally moved from hidden link to hidden link ( From the ATE Options in the dashboard warning ) the only option available in hidden link should be "indicate that this site should be at hidden link" so I am suggesting the resolution in my previous reply linked next:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-am-getting-an-error-in-my-site/#post-14265865

August 25, 2023 at 10:52 am #14291333

akramB-3

I tried the steps you sent. After clicking on "indicate that this site should be at hidden link." and "move" options, the error disappears from hidden link but when I go to hidden link the same error showed up and I can not see the copy option there.
It is showing --- " The site at hidden link is using the same credits for automatic translation as this site."
Can you please check?
If we could separate the credits and it might be fixed?
Please tell me why I can not see copy option on hidden link.

Screenshot from 2023-08-25 16-09-03.png
August 28, 2023 at 8:51 am #14298591

Subash Chandra Poudel

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the delayed response due to the weekends.

It seems like there are 3 database entries that create the problem here: 2 for ATE/AMS and 1 which handles the banner.

Can you please do the following to fix the issue? NOTE: I already did steps 1 to 3 for you and the site translation management should now be useable.

1. Go to "WPML > Settings" and activate Classic Translation Editor
2. Search for the following three entries - otgs_wpml_tm_ate_cloned_site_lock
- WPML_TM_AMS
- WPML_SITE_ID:ate
(found in the wp_options table)
or run the following database query

select *
from wp_options
where option_name = 'WPML_SITE_ID:ate'
OR option_name = 'WPML_TM_AMS'
OR option_name = 'otgs_wpml_tm_ate_cloned_site_lock'

3. Delete those entries after a database backup.
4. Go to "WPML > Settings" and re-enabled ATE
5. Clear/Flush cache if there is any in the site and server.

Now if you also need to connect the two sites so that they share translation memory and translation credits you can also follow the following documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatic-translation-subscription-for-multiple-sites/#how-to-connect-your-sites

Regards,
Subash

September 2, 2023 at 1:35 am #14329259

mkt@uprtek

Please ignore this

Sam

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.