Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing redirects to the WordPress plugins manager page and is unable to change settings in Elementor for the Czech version of their site after changing the language URL format to "different language per domain".
Solution:
We recognize this as a Cross-Domain (CORS) issue, which occurs because Elementor and other page builders restrict access to their interface from different domains unless logged in to that specific domain. To resolve this, the client needs to log in to the wp-admin on the domain where they are trying to use Elementor. Additionally, we recommend enabling the "Auto sign-in and sign-out users from all domains" option in WPML under WPML --> Languages > Language URL format.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Log in to the wp-admin of the domain where Elementor needs to be accessed.
2. Go to WPML --> Languages > Language URL format.
3. Activate the "Auto sign-in and sign-out users from all domains" option.
For more details, please refer to our documentation: How to use WPML with different domains per language.
If this solution does not resolve the issue, we invite the client to open a new support ticket for further assistance: Contact WPML Support.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.97 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
November 27, 2023 at 1:04 pm #14930325

dongsukK

Hello, in settings i changed to "different language per domain", but after that I was receving redirects to plugins manager page in WordPress and being unavailable to change anything on elementor setting for my Czech version

Before that I was not having this issue when it was "Different languages in directories" settings.

Is there anything I need to do to make it work again?

Thank you.

November 27, 2023 at 9:09 pm #14934789

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there

Thanks for your contact!

This is a recognized Cross-Domain (CORS) issue, as Elementor and other page builders restrict access to their interface from different domains unless you are logged in to that specific domain.

In order to use Elementor on your second domain, you'll need to log in to wp-admin on that domain.

From the WPML side, a possible solution is to enable the option WPML --> Languages > Language URL format and activate the "Auto sign-in and sign-out users from all domains" option.

Screenshot: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/how-to-use-wpml-with-different-domains-per-language/#3-set-up-the-option-in-wpml

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, please let me know.

Best regards,
Mateus.

November 28, 2023 at 10:29 am #14937649

dongsukK

Hello, Thank you for the answer. So I also tried just switching between options for "different language per domain" and "Different languages in directories", but switching visa versa caused some unification issues.

For the settings, I parked domain in Hostinger, so this is how I managed to do that, but from there, I guess I need to add another wordpress project so I can send the datas?

"From the WPML side, a possible solution is to enable the option WPML --> Languages > Language URL format and activate the "Auto sign-in and sign-out users from all domains" option." -> I activated that on settings.

November 28, 2023 at 7:05 pm #14943767

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

If you login directly into your second language domain (by accessing second-domain.com/wp-login.php), are you still unable to edit the pages through Elementor?

The answer being 'yes', we might be facing an interaction issue with a third-party functionality, in this case:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Could you please tell me the results of this investigation? Also, can you enable the debug mode? Just add the following code in your wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

Please check the following links to read more about debugging with WordPress.
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging

After adding the code above, try to reproduce the issue again and check if you'll find a debug.log file inside the wp-content folder. If you locate it there, kindly send us the last lines here in the ticket.

Regards,
Mateus.

November 28, 2023 at 9:48 pm #14944883

dongsukK

Hello, the situation is that I only parked domain for kpop2eu.cz and there I am unavalable since I didn´t create project there.
So I was thinking this is the biggest reason.
I guess I might need to switch always between different language per domain" and "different languages in directories".

Or do you think it should be available? But I don´t think that makes sense

November 29, 2023 at 6:23 pm #14954979

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

You're right, it won't work properly until you set the second language domain properly, according to our doc: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/how-to-use-wpml-with-different-domains-per-language/

Also, we do not recommend to keep switching your language URL structure. Please choose one and stick to it.

Kindly let me know if you still have doubts or need further assistance. Thank you.

November 30, 2023 at 5:16 pm #14965603

dongsukK

I understand, thank you for the advise.

November 30, 2023 at 8:24 pm #14967423

dongsukK

I also realized that on settings "Different language per domain" that some elements were not even working. For example for contact us page. On Image as you can see, icons for the social media did not appear. So I was thinking - Should I just make another project in Hostinger, where I would connect the domain, instead parking a domain?

Snímek obrazovky 2023-11-30 212247.png
December 1, 2023 at 2:59 pm #14974043

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi there,

This is unrelated to the domain issue. May I kindly ask you to open a different ticket for this new problem?

This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum as well as we avoid mixing lots of questions in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mateus.

December 3, 2023 at 10:06 pm #14981359

dongsukK

Ok I see, I am going to create new ticket.

dongsukK confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-03 22:07:00.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.