Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I used the automatic translation method to bulk translate my woocommerce products but during the process I got a critical database error so I was unable to solve the problem except by restoring a backup of the database.

Now I see that my credits are gone and the website is not translated.

Solution:
I have checked jobs for the shared URL, from our side, and I can see numerous jobs that were translated and delivered.

These jobs and translations are saved in our translation memory, so if you try to translate exact same page, you won't be charged again for translation, but memory will be used.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-wpml-keeps-track-of-your-translations/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mohammedI-8 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
September 19, 2022 at 7:39 pm #12081605

mohammedI-8

Hello

I used the automatic translation method to bulk translate my woocommerce products but during the process I got a critical database error so I was unable to solve the problem except by restoring a backup of the database.

Now I see that my credits are gone and the website is not translated. Is there any way to get my credits back? I feel overwhelmed knowing that my credits went for nothing 🙁

Here is my website:
w-coat.com

Best regards

Mohammed Issawi

September 21, 2022 at 6:27 am #12091439

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support. I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I have checked jobs for the shared URL, from our side, and I can see numerous jobs that were translated and delivered.

These jobs and translations are saved in our translation memory, so if you try to translate exact same page, you won't be charged again for translation, but memory will be used.

I suggest you try to translate 1 example page that was translated before, and you will see you won't be charged. I also see a lot of translated content, that you were charged around 70k credits, and still, 16 left.

If the credits are taken from you then the translations were done on our side, if not then they were not charged. Please check image attached.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_2.jpg
September 21, 2022 at 11:38 am #12094487

mohammedI-8

Hello

Thank you for the help. I actually did not know that translation gets saved in a separate memory.

I can see that the automatic translation is saved in the memory as you mentioned but in order to get the translation back I need to go into each product one by one, edit its translation and press “complete”. Is there any way to automate this process without losing the remaining 16k credits?

September 21, 2022 at 12:38 pm #12094893

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

You can try using automatic bulk translation, and set it to automatically translate more translation jobs.

Just please note, you will not be charged for translations already done before that are now taken from memory, if it is a new translation our system will detect and deduct credits for it.

Please check:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatically-translating-multiple-translation-jobs-in-bulk/#selecting-content-to-translate
- https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatically-translating-multiple-translation-jobs-in-bulk/#translating-jobs-in-bulk-automatically

Kind regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.