You can translate content automatically without having to use the Advanced Translation Editor. This is convenient when you want to automatically translate a large number of pages or posts that don’t need to be reviewed.
Automatically translating multiple posts, pages, and strings in bulk involves two steps:
- Selecting the content you would like to translate and adding it to your Translation Basket.
- Choosing the translation jobs you would like to translate automatically.
Before translating in bulk, you first need to select which content you would like to translate.
To select posts and pages for translation:
- Go to WPML → Translation Management
- Select the correct content type from the dropdown in the search section
- Choose the posts or pages you would like to translate and the languages you would like to translate them into
- Click Add selected content to translation basket
To select strings for translation:
- Go to WPML → String Translation
- Choose the strings you would like to translate and the languages you would like to translate them into
- Click Add to translation basket.
Instead of sending these jobs to a translator from the Translation Basket:
- Click the Translation Tools tab
- Click Bulk Automatic Translation
- Select the jobs you would like to translate automatically
- Click Translate automatically.
Your content will be translated automatically, and the new translations will appear on the front-end.