If you want to automatically translate several pages at once, but not your entire site, you can use bulk automatic translation.
Translate Everything mode allows you to automatically translate all of your site’s content at once, but what if you only need to translate a few key pages? It would be tedious to open each one in the Advanced Translation Editor to use automatic translation.
Instead, you can automatically translate multiple posts, pages, and strings in bulk. This involves two steps:
- Selecting the content you would like to translate and adding it to your Translation Basket.
- Choosing the translation jobs you would like to translate automatically.
Please note: it is not possible to review these automatic translations except directly on your site’s front-end after they have been published.
Before translating in bulk, you first need to select which content you would like to translate.
To select posts and pages for translation:
- Go to WPML → Translation Management
- Select the correct content type from the dropdown in the search section
- Choose the posts or pages you would like to translate and the languages you would like to translate them into
- Click Add selected content to translation basket.
- In the Translation Basket, assign the translation jobs to a translator, yourself, or first available, then click Send all items for translation.
To select strings for translation:
- Go to WPML → String Translation
- Choose the strings you would like to translate and the languages you would like to translate them into
- Click Add selected strings to translation basket and send the translation jobs to a translator or yourself.
Once the jobs are assigned:
- Click the Automatic Translation tab
- Click Bulk Automatic Translation
- Select the jobs you would like to translate automatically and click Translate automatically.
Your content will be translated automatically, and the new translations will appear on the front-end.