Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 4, 2022 at 6:24 pm #12384935

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

I understood here literally the translation fallback from ATE to CTE.

The reason why you see different translated content on the WordPress Editor and/or Front-End could simply be because someone did edit the translation manually directly on the WordPress Editor and this would not be a bug, as the WPML Translation Editor can not recognize manual edits on translations and overwrites them when translating the content again.

I would suggest you complete the translation jobs that are currently in progress and check the results.

If the translation works out as expected, then there is not any bug, as a bug would occur in all languages and possibly on all contents. More likely there was a user issue with editing translation manually while having the WPML Translation Editor enabled.

Topic:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Best regards
Andreas

November 9, 2022 at 8:50 pm #12424063

dosvisual.com

"I would suggest you complete the translation jobs that are currently in progress and check the results. "
No, I know what the results will be: the old translations that are still "alive" on the frontend would definitely dissapear.. you know that too, unless you haven´t read my previous replies.

So, you "think" having edited the translations without the editor "might" have been the reason... just an hypothesis.. Is that all after so many days? I could have translated the full website twice in this period.

Thanks so far, but this has been such a waste of time 🙁

November 10, 2022 at 2:52 am #12425065

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can sadly no longer log into the site, for I am not able to assist you and do not know what the current state is.

1) On the provided debug info you use WPML Multilingual 4.5.11 - did you already update our plugins?

2) As you said in your last message, this is definitely not a user issue and you do not want to translate to be overwritten, as you are missing earlier translated content on the WPML Translation Editor, correct?

In this case, you should cancel the job that is currently in progress in order for the current translation to not get overwritten.

You can do this at WPML > Translation Management > Jobs.

3) To make sure that this was not a user issue, I need to know how exactly I am able to replicate it, as otherwise, I can not escalate it.

- Can you replicate the issue with other content on your site?

4) If it only occurs on one content, and you can not replicate it, then I suggest you simply try to do as I told you and translate the content again, as this would be the fastest solution.

But if you see the same odd behavior on all your existing content, then this might be a bug or compatibility issue that needs to be revised and possibly escalated.

5) Also, if the issue does not longer occur on newly created content on your site, it even could be that there was a bug which does not longer exist - also then the fastest way would be to translate the affected content again or try to run the WPML troubleshooting options:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/

A workflow example:

Let's say you translated some content with the Classic Translation Editor for the first time, then you will see empty fields on the right side.

You complete the translation.

Open the CTE again, you see the translations.

Now, you edit the original content and open the CTE and you will see that those sections that have been edited no longer show as completed anymore and are filled with the older translations, which is expected, as WPML expects this content of needing an update.

If you now for example go to the translated content and edit it directly, then you will see new translations on the WordPress Editor and on the Front-end, but on CTE you will still see the old translations.

I truly still believe that exactly this is what happened on your site - especially if this only happens on one or some of the content, but not if we test with a new page or post.

If I am wrong, and this issue is replicable on your site or on my test-site, then please provide let me know.

Here is a test site with WPML, please test yourself.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

November 20, 2022 at 9:38 pm #12500139

dosvisual.com

Hello Andreas

The login credentials are working ok and have always been available. I can see them on the private message of this conversation.

1) Yes
2-3-4-5) Thanks for the examples, we already know this procedures. We think it´s an "old" bug. It happened years ago and it´s still happening. The same on other websites I run.
This ticket has made us waste a lot of time and got no solutions.
We´ve decided to close it and reopen it with another supporter if it was necessary.

Goodbye.

November 22, 2022 at 5:21 pm #12513905

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The provided user account on your site is not existing anymore.

As I said I revised your site - translation for the example content was not completed, and there was nothing odd on the Advanced Translation Editor.

It was not the case in this example that content falls back to CTE.

If you decide to open a new ticket, please provide an example that shows the issue and test if you are able to replicate the issue, as we can not troubleshoot any issue that we are not able to recreate, as we do not know how and when it occurred.

Please also do only report one issue per ticket and include a short numbered and detailed list of steps that need to be taken in order to see the issue on the site.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.