Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
March 13, 2024 at 3:18 pm #15404928

laszloM-5

product order showing the default language

March 13, 2024 at 3:44 pm #15405188

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

March 15, 2024 at 6:04 pm #15415837

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your patience.

I regret the delay. I wanted to inform you that I'll require additional time to investigate this matter thoroughly. I'll get back to you as soon as possible with updates.

March 18, 2024 at 1:32 pm #15421378

laszloM-5

Dear Kor,

Do you have any updates for me please?

Best regards,
Laszlo

March 19, 2024 at 1:33 am #15423793

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I can replicate the issue here on our staging site hidden link . Please allow me to escalate this further to our 2nd Tier Support and I will come back to you once I've feedback.

March 19, 2024 at 9:26 am #15424942

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I have feedback from our second tier support and they mentioned that this is an expected behavior. If you switch the admin language to hu, the orders panel will be displayed accordingly. Could you check and give this a try?

March 20, 2024 at 10:11 am #15430258

laszloM-5

Hi Kor,

In the past in earlier versions it's worked independetly from the admin language settings.
The admin who handle the orders need to be able to create invoice for all language orders. I cannot tell her to switch always if need to handle orders in foreign language.
In the past she was able to create invoice on any language but right now the product names are always on the same language.

Best regards,
Laszlo

March 20, 2024 at 10:23 am #15430338

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'll reach out to our 2nd Tier Support to investigate possible solutions that align with your requirements without necessitating significant customization. I'll update you once I receive their input.

March 20, 2024 at 2:40 pm #15432303

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your understanding.

I've received feedback from our 2nd Tier Support indicating that this feature has been a default since earlier versions. The concept of the admin displaying in the selected language is intentional; consider a scenario where you may not speak Spanish but need to manage an order in that language—it wouldn't be convenient for you as an admin.

Nevertheless, you mentioned creating invoices. Are you utilizing a third-party plugin for generating invoices? Or is this another issue that you're trying to report?

March 20, 2024 at 8:55 pm #15433828
laszloM-5

Hello Kor,

We are using 3rd party plugin for invoice generation which fits for the local law.
If you can send me direction how to get the product name regarding the order "language", I would be very happy.

I have run a round with the developers of the invoice plugin and they send me the following snippet:

foreach ( $order->get_items() as $item_id => $item ) {

if( $item['variation_id'] > 0 ){
$product_id = $item['variation_id']; // variable product
} else {
$product_id = $item['product_id']; // simple product
}

// Get the product object
$product = wc_get_product( $product_id );
$paramt[$counter]['product_name'] = "".htmlspecialchars($product->get_name())."";
$paramt[$counter]['quantity'] = $item->get_quantity();

So if you can send me a direction how to get the language (en, de, ro, hu) for the order and get the product name regarding it, I would be very happy because they will implement it.

Best regards,
Laszlo

New threads created by Kor and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/get-the-product-name-of-the-order-language-for-invoicing-plugin/

March 21, 2024 at 9:29 am #15435244

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

It appears that your request is unrelated to the topic of this ticket, so I've split it into a separate thread here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/get-the-product-name-of-the-order-language-for-invoicing-plugin/ for further discussion.

Regarding this ticket, I will close it as it does not pertain to a bug within the WPML plugin.

March 25, 2024 at 12:28 pm #15446643

laszloM-5

Hi Kor,

I am realy sad, but it is not true. I have attached a an invoice from the past - 2023-04- which shows that the product names comes from the original order name,
If it is needed from your side, I can attach a lot of more.
So in the futhure release it is worked fine. Our shop manager cannot change the languenge of her side at all.
Please take in keep in front as I swa a lot of more customer have the same simtomps.

Best regards,
Laszlo

kép_2024-03-25_132818829.png
March 25, 2024 at 12:31 pm #15446729

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

Please continue to address the matter outlined in this ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/get-the-product-name-of-the-order-language-for-invoicing-plugin/ regarding the invoicing problem from your perspective. I am still awaiting your reply.

The topic ‘[Feature Request] product order showing the default language’ is closed to new replies.