Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client has a variable product with translations, but not all attributes are showing in the attribute dropdown on the translated pages.

Solution:
If you're experiencing missing attributes in the dropdown of your translated variable products, we recommend you try the following steps:

1. Ensure you have a complete backup of your site.

2. Navigate to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting page and click the following buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- [Products] Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs
- Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix post type assignment for translations
- Set language information

3. Go to WooCommerce >> WooCommerce Multilingual >> Attributes tab, select the problematic attribute, and click the "Synchronize attributes, and update product variations" button if available.

4. If the problem still exists, navigate to WooCommerce >> WooCommerce Multilingual >> Settings tab >> Troubleshooting link (bottom right), select the “Sync products variations” option, and click on the 'Start' button.

For more detailed instructions, please refer to our documentation: WPML Troubleshooting Options.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
February 9, 2024 at 11:26 pm #15287821

ylyasK

Hi

I have created a Variable product and added translations to it. But not all attributes are shown on translations on attribute dropdown.

Original page which is in english language is good only translation have such problem. Here is for example German language page

hidden link

How do I fix it?

2024-02-10_04-20-37.png
February 11, 2024 at 8:58 am #15289236

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I’ll try my best to help you out. Could you please follow the below steps and see if this resolves your issue:

1. Please take a complete backup of your site first for security reasons.

2. Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting page and press the below buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- [Products] Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs
- Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix post type assignment for translations
- Set language information

3. Please go to WooCommerce >> WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes tab, select the attribute in which you are facing an issue, and press the "Synchronize attributes, and update product variations" button if it's enabled.

4. If the issue persists, please Go to Woocommerce >> Woocommerce Multilingual >> Settings tab >> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) > Select the “Sync products variations” option and click on the 'Start' button.

Here is a doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/#troubleshooting-woocommerce-multilingual-and-multicurrency

Please let me know the results,

Thank you

February 11, 2024 at 12:37 pm #15289529
ylyasK

Hi Noman,

I made the steps 1, 2 and 3.

And it solved my problem.

Now I have little things left that bother me a little bit.

On the step 3, when I went to WooCommerce >> WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes tab, there was one attribute "Flavor" missing, this is exactly the one that I am facing an issue with. But I chose the only attribut that I had there (HS Codes) and pressed the "Synchronize attributes, and update product variations". And then the problem was not there anymore.

But the missing attribute was bothering me. It feels like since it is missing maybe something is wrong (Screenshot 2024-02-11_17-05-32.png attached).

Then in order to solve it I thought that step 4 could help to solve the missing attribute. And I executed the step 4. But it didn't help. The "Flavor" attribute is still missing. How can I solve it? I am not even sure that I need it, but like I said it makes me feel that something is wrong on my site.

Then on the troubleshouting page I have noticed that some options have values like "18 left" or "12 left" etc (Screenshot 2024-02-11_17-04-12.png attached). It seems like that they also have to be "0 left". Do I need to check all those options that don't have "0 left" value and press 'Start'?

I have also noticed that on the option "Duplicate terms (please select the attribute)" there is a dropdown and the second option was my only one attribute [Product hs codes] and it had a value "6 left", it is exactly the amount of my missing attribut "Flavor" which has 6 values (Screenshot 2024-02-11_17-25-25.png attached).

And the last question: how regular do I have to do all these steps that you provided me? Or it is only being done once?

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/flavor-attribute-missing-from-attributes-tab/

2024-02-11_17-25-25.png
2024-02-11_17-04-12.png
2024-02-11_17-05-32.png
February 11, 2024 at 4:26 pm #15290297

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Glad to hear your problem is solved. These steps are only needed if the attributes are missing from the secondary language products. Here is a doc for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies:~:text=Synchronize%20attributes%20and%20update%20product%20variations

Regarding the Flavor attribute missing issue, it’s a different issue and will be handled separately as per our support policy. I've created new ticket for this at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/flavor-attribute-missing-from-attributes-tab/

If your product variation missing issue is solved, please mark this current ticket as resolved and we will continue to work on the new ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation

February 12, 2024 at 10:57 am #15292314

ylyasK

I got what I needed.

ylyasK confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-12 10:57:32.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.