Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Michael 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 6, 2023 at 4:14 pm #13780613

Michael

I've followed the steps here, but the different logos are not showing up for Spanish or Chinese.

June 6, 2023 at 4:19 pm #13780635

Michael

I followed the steps here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/setup-different-logo-per-language/

June 7, 2023 at 4:42 am #13781945

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

If you want to show a different logo per language, then you'll easily be able to do that by using the WPML Media Translation plugin. You'll be able to upload different images per language as the translation of the default image. Kindly check the documentation below to get a better understanding of how the plugin works.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

I hope it will help you in achieving what you're looking for. Let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 7, 2023 at 5:11 pm #13788465

Michael

I added the Media Translation plugin but where do I go to display different logos for different languages? I followed the instructions to go to Translation Mgmt. but do not see where to make the change.

June 8, 2023 at 11:32 am #13792637

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

Thanks for patiently following the suggestions. Now, in order to add different logos per language, please follow the steps mentioned below.

- Go to the "WPML > Media Translation" section and make sure that the Media Translation setup is completed.
- Now, Search for the default logo by entering the name of the logo file in the search box.
- If the logo appears in the result, click the pencil icon under the language you want to use a different image for( hidden link )
- Upload a different image and click on the "Save media translation" button.
- After saving, you'll see this banner(hidden link) on the Media Translation page to scan and replace the image. Click on the "Scan & Replace" button.

Once everything is done, the logo will start to appear in the corresponding language.

Let me know how it goes. I will be happy to assist you if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 8, 2023 at 5:11 pm #13794721

Michael

Hello.
I followed the steps. Logo is still not changing. See attachment.

language-logo-not-displaying.png
June 9, 2023 at 12:17 pm #13799447

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

I understand that the logo is still displayed in English on the Spanish version of the site. As the changes do not seem to be reflecting correctly, I would like to examine the issue more closely in order to identify the underlying cause.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 12, 2023 at 9:31 am #13808189

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you due to the Weekend.

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I have checked and successfully identified a solution. Since the logo is added through the theme customizer, we need to locate the default logo ID in the String Translation and add the ID of the logo in other languages as a translation of the default logo ID.

Kindly check out this video to understand the process of adding a different logo in other languages: hidden link

I hope it will help. In the same way, you'll easily be able to add a different logo per language. But, feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.