Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to add different Ninja Tables to posts in different languages using WPML. The first issue is that after adding a Ninja Table to the English post, the traditional Chinese (TCH) translation was lost. The second issue is that after adding a Ninja Table to the TCH post, the content displayed in a mix of English and TCH.
Solution:
We recommend not mixing translation methods (WPML editor and manual editing) as it can lead to issues like content loss. To resolve this, you should:
1. Choose one method of translation for the page (either WPML editor or manual translation).
2. If you decide to manually edit the second language page, you can disable the WPML editor for that page following this documentation: Using different translation editors for different pages.
3. Continue using the chosen method consistently to avoid further issues.
4. For code modules, manual translation is suggested to prevent code from being improperly translated, which could break the website. More information can be found here: What if I've already mixed translation methods and lost translations?.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket here.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 15, 2023 at 5:49 am #14804187

mkt@uprtek

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to add a ninja table A into a POST in EN which is my main language, and add ninja table B in to TCH POST, which is using wpml translation right now but it was independent translation page before.

The 1st problem I encountered is after I added ninja table A into the POST in EN, the TCH I input inside the wpml is gone...so...I have to do the translation again in wpml.

Then, I found 2nd problem is after I added ninja table B into the POST, I checked the TCH POST, some of the contents are in EN, some are in TCH. (see pics wpml contents wrong-1& 2)

I double checked wpml TCH still inside.
(see pics wpml contents translated in TCH-1 &2)

Then I entered to TCH independent POST, the contents are like my problem 2, some are in EN and some are in TCH.

I want to know how to have the TCH POST contents follows wpml that i input.
and what do I need to do if I want to have different different ninja table for EN and TCH, thank you so much!

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
This is happening in my test site. See pics.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

wpml TCH indept. POST setting.jpg
wpml contents translated in TCH-2.jpg
wpml contents translated in TCH-1.jpg
wpml contents wrong-2.jpg
wpml contents wrong-1.jpg
November 16, 2023 at 7:46 am #14822383

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks fro contacting us.

I assume you are manually editing the 2nd language page and adding there the form, then such an issue as you described can happen as it is not recommended to mix translation methods, WPML editor > Manual edit translation.

In such case, you can disable WPML editor and manually edit and adjust your 2nd language page:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Just please note you would need to continue using this manual method for that page to avoid again having issues.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

November 20, 2023 at 2:01 am #14872443

mkt@uprtek

If I want to change all my 2nd language (TCH) pages and posts to WPML Advance translation, do I need to cancel them before I use Advance translation? Since I am using mixtranslation method.

And if the post has a code A inside EN and i want to have code B in TCH, can I do that in WPML Advance translation? and how to do that? or I can only use manual translation editor?

November 20, 2023 at 1:15 pm #14877307

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

For the code modules, we suggest manual translation according to the link my colleague sent above. Because if using automatic translation, code may be improperly translated (in the event that code translation is activated, which normally isn't) and this can break websites.

That's why we recommend using manual translation and also note this - https://wpml.org/faq/why-arent-my-translations-showing/#what-if-ive-already-mixed-translation-methods-and-lost-translations

So you should never mix translation editor as this will lead to content loss.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.